Picsart is looking for an Engineering Manager to help scale our engineering team and technology. As an Engineering Manager of Backend Platform team you will take the ownership of backend core platform services, working closely with both Infrastructure and Product teams. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable with technical leadership, people management, and the development process.
- Plan, coordinate, execute, deliver and release the project owned by the platform team
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Help set team goals and direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization
- Mentor and grow the team while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Manage progress, risks, and issues with teams and stakeholders
- Communicate with stakeholders and the wider community to explain what’s going on.
- BS, MA or PhD in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Experience in an engineering management role
- Experience in backend engineering
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD tools is a plus
- Familiarity with backend applications monitoring tools and processes is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microservice achitecture
- Experience in optimizing software processes to ensure teams are always running efficiently and constantly striving to improve
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Love to develop and grow people and have a track record to do it
- Highly organized. Worked with many people in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.