About the Team
Our leadership team reflects OpenAI’s culture and core values, and are a group of mission-driven, kind, and thoughtful individuals. We take pride in having created a work environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and authenticity, which makes OpenAI a great place to work.
About the Role
We’re looking for an extremely organized executive assistant to support the technical leadership team at OpenAI. You’ll be responsible for the technical leadership team’s calendars and provide other operational support as needed. You’ll act as the administrative engine that keeps this group’s meeting schedule organized and on task.
- Coordinate meetings and clear conflicts for our senior leadership team.
- Ensure critical meetings aren’t missed or delayed and are prioritized accordingly.
- Occasionally arrange flight, hotel, car, and restaurant reservations for members of this group, and perform other administrative tasks as needed.
- Work with our recruiting team to coordinate interviews for technical leaders and collect their timely feedback.
- Work with our operations team to gather input and calendar availability for various events (happy hours, summer picnic, team offsites, meetups, tech talks).
- You have 3-5 years experience in an EA role or similar support function.
- You've worked with technical teams and supported multiple leaders in the past.
- You’ve worked in a startup or similar environment.
- You've managed and optimized extremely busy calendars.
- You're fluent in Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Gmail, and other modern productivity software, and are excited to learn and use new tools.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Are supremely detail-oriented. No comma out of place, misspelling, or absent time zone escapes your eye.
- Enjoy supporting and empowering others, especially leaders.
- Are able to balance multiple competing priorities and resolve problems, often under time pressure.
- Possess exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Are supremely discrete and exercise excellent judgment in all cases.
- Love adapting to new and changing situations and are receptive to adjusting course as needed.
- Are proactive, self-motivated, and communicative about your needs.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via email@example.com.