Picsart is seeking a Sr Manager, Localisation Operations to join our International strategy and operations team to drive Picsart global expansion. You will work closely with our marketing, content and product organizations across our 1000-person org and multiple international offices to review current product and processes and set-up world class localisation. Localisation goes beyond translation -- and while you will oversee a team of language localisation managers, you will also work on a number of projects with product, marketing and content teams. You’re an analytical thinker, product owner and approach your work with a sense of curiosity and challenge of status quo. You enjoy organizing the chaos into clear and easy to follow processes and thrive in team-oriented cultures. You also can work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic consumer tech unicorn, that’s already the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app with more than 150 million active creators and an installed base of more than 1 billion!
This position could be based in London, Berlin, Barcelona, Bucharest, Moscow, or Yerevan and reports to the Director, International Strategy & Operations.
- Improve language localization quality and speed to market, for example, via optimizing current processes across multiple internal and external systems such as JIRA, Asana, localisation and other tools or introducing AI/ML solutions;
- Establish clear methodologies and workflows for language audit, proofreading and work with various service providers;
- Evangelize localisation best practices with cross functional partners;
- Review current state of localisation processes and prepare recommendations on improving those based on global industry standards;
- Collaborate to develop processes and best practices to develop easily localized content from global english content types, for example, via creating and owning localisation environment for creatives and content;
- Closely work with Growth Marketing and Product & Lifecycle marketing teams to design and optimize localisation flows;
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a localisation team;
- Work with Director international strategy & operations, entire International team and leadership team to build the localisation mindset and raise awareness of tech, content, marketing and product teams about localisation processes, requirements, quality standards, timelines;
- Develop data driven strategic approach to further expansion of localisation: be that to growing the current language list for the main Picsart app, web or new products we build or acquire.
- Considerable experience in localisation management in leading product company
- Knowledge of localisation technologies and best practices
- Product vision in heart and process obsessed
- International mindset: natural interest for different cultures, languages.
- Track record in effective cross-team work project collaboration
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in product management and /or program management are a big plus
- Experience working in globally distributed, matrixed, mid-to late-stage start-up environments preferred.
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience living, studying or working in different countries will be a strong plus.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.