At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
What You Will Do:
As the Manager of Sales Compensation at Vercel, your primary responsibility will be to design, analyze, oversee and implement Vercel’s variable sales compensation programs. This highly visible position is key to supporting the continued rapid growth of the Company and will be primarily responsible for administration & analysis of the Global Sales Incentive Plans. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication, and collaborative skills are also required to interface in a cross functional teaming environment with various levels of management. This is an excellent opportunity for a sharp, eager professional passionate about working in a dynamic environment with a fast growing, global start up.
Building & Strategy
- Drive Vercel’s global incentive strategy and sales compensation plan design to the deployment process for the organization.
- Acts as an executive business partner to leadership while collaborating with cross-functional teams to design incentive compensation plans for a variety of roles, incorporating feedback from executives and organizational stakeholders.
- Manage the entire incentive design process, including working with leaders to understand business strategic objectives, to assessing the success of current incentives, to proposing new incentive designs, to determining, operationalizing and communicating new incentives.
- Incentive design scope includes commission plans and bonus plans for roles including: Client Executives, Solution Executives, Sales Managers, Inside Sales, Sales Support and Development Reps, etc.
- Responsible for keeping the executive team abreast of successes and obstacles by using performance analytics to make tactful, consensus-derived recommendations for incentive plan fixes as needed.
- Collaborate with the Commissions team in answering variable compensation questions posed by plan participants and leaders.
- Partner with the Vercel People Team team to ensure that teammate Total Compensation is in alignment with company’s compensation philosophy.
- Consult with Legal to assess and ensure national, state, and local legal compliance.
Execution & Daily Operations
- Create and issue compensation plan and quota letters to the global sales organization
- Deeply understand our sales compensation strategy in order to assist in developing and administering sales crediting and compensation plans, design, and policies
- Research and resolve crediting and commission questions, including calculating and processing adjustments in the commission system
- Preparing and distributing out monthly and quarterly commissions and attainment management analyses
- Develop and deliver training, commission policy and process and related documentation to the global sales teams
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Sales Compensation including incentive plan design and financial modeling and analysis; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Former implementation and/or administration of commission software program.
- Experience in compensation including incentive plan design, financial modeling, commission administration; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various audiences; sales, marketing, partners, clients, consultants, executive leaders (internal and external).
- Ability to influence others using data & analysis.
- Ability to multi-task, develop efficient and effective responses to the most sensitive inquiries and solid communication skills across all levels of leadership.
- Track record of maintaining data integrity.
- Knowledge of advanced spreadsheets and analytical skills.
Bonus If You:
- World at Work certification preferred (CCP or CSCP), preferred.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- Generous Gear Credit
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.