At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
Vercel is looking for an experienced HR Technology Manager to lead our HR technology transformation initiatives to support the global expansion into multiple countries spanning the Americas, Europe and Asia. In this role you will work closely with internal stakeholders to identify, automate, and improve people processes though new system implementation and automations.
The ideal candidate is a team player who has extensive experience of implementing and supporting HR systems like Workday and ServiceNow, to meet the varied needs of a fast growing, global organization. Someone who can collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Someone who is passionate about developing their team, about using HR automation and data to drive business objectives, and about providing outstanding customer service and associate experience.
The HR Technology Manager will provide strategic technology partnership to HR in the design, implementation, and support of the HR Technology Roadmap, and will ensure that we are following established core standards and guidelines across all architectures, security, technology, and compliance. This position will report to the Senior Director of People & Talent.
Business Relationship Management
- Establish close business relationships and act as strategic technology advisor for HR Partners to help shape their strategy with regard to technology
- Educate partners about IT processes, roles, products and capabilities.
- Develop methodologies and strategies using a broad array of communication tools to inform, persuade, influence, direct and facilitate communication and analysis between HR partners and IT.
- Work with outside vendors to help provide solutions and architecture that will deliver solutions faster to our business.
- Responsible for building and growing a team of technical professionals responsible for the analysis, design, build, implementation and support of strategic HR technology solutions.
- Provide mentoring opportunities for team members across the HR Technology team.
- Establish goals and objectives for all team members and the team as a whole
- Promote and inspire a culture of excellence with our IT leaders and associates through the effective application of key HR programs (ShawWay and Performance Experience)
- Provides oversight and leadership to manage multiple complex projects and initiatives that deliver high quality solutions on-schedule, on-budget, to the committed scope.
- Develops project resource requirements and works with appropriate organizational units to acquire resource commitments.
- Ensures compliance with the established Shaw IT development methodology and standards
- Provides strategic and business leadership with regard to the development and implementation of solutions, and works closely with colleagues in HR Technology, applications development and technical support to ensure the solutions conform to enterprise standards.
- Stay abreast on the latest technology and collaborate with HR and other team members to find, recommend, and implement technology solutions that help achieve business objectives
- Lead implementations of new systems or updates to existing systems, collaborating with internal and external team members as needed to ensure deadlines are met and systems perform in accordance with business needs.
- Partner with both internal team members and external vendors to ensure that all systems and data are maintained in accordance with the highest industry standards and relevant laws or regulations in regard to security and privacy of sensitive HR data.
- Maintain system and data integrity standards across all HR technology platforms, in accordance with internal and external audit requirements.
- Serves as an HR Technology subject matter expert, providing business process oversight identifying opportunities to configure HR processes that enhance consistency, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Manage change by ensuring manager and employee self-service experience with HR systems are positive through planning, developing training, and with timely and clear communications regarding system and process changes to end users.
- Collaborate across HR and IT in promoting the use of reports, metrics and analytics to help drive employee engagement and business performance.
- Create and implement standard methodologies including policies, processes, procedures, and other documentation, in support of systems and end users.
- Create strategic plan
- Demonstrate Strategic Influence
- Drive Innovation
- Lead Change
- Coach and Develop Others
- Build Trusting Relationships
- Degree in Human Resources, Information Systems (or related) or related business experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience in HR Technology, including planning execution and support of large-scale implementations.
- Workday or comparable HRIS experience.
- 4+ years of management experience in large-scale enterprise IT or business leadership capacity, including leading and developing staff
- 4+ years of hands-on implementation and configuration experience in Workday HCM modules.
- General knowledge and understanding of HR & Payroll processes, procedures, and policies.
- Experience in business requirements gathering, process analysis and design, gap analysis, functional design specifications, system configuration, and development of reports, system tests, procedures and documentation.
- Solid understanding of Workday security definitions/roles/assignment.
- Experience with change initiatives, process improvement and/or simplification initiatives.
- Solid understanding of HR processes and their impact on HR systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to all levels of management.
- Must work well under pressure, be sensitive to deadlines, and be able to adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, team building, and customer service skills
- Willing and able to assist the team in the hands-on resolution of issues
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate solutions for system issues to the business.
- Self-motivated, proactive and willing to learn
- Strong sense of accountability and a proven track record of delivering results.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- Generous Gear Credit
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.