At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
About the Role:
Vercel is seeking a flexible and strategic Senior People Operations Specialist to help us build a world-class People Ops team who provide high quality support to employees, managers and all other stakeholders. The Senior People Operations Specialist at Vercel will help drive and manage the administration and execution of policies, procedures, and programs to support the business and our global workforce through strong partnerships with the Talent Acquisition, IT, & Finance teams. Driving operational efficiency across the People Ops function is critical to this role’s success in supporting and scaling our high-growth, global organization. Our Senior People Operations Specialist will have a direct impact on the employee experience at Vercel. This position will report to our Senior Director of People Operations & Talent.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee and manage the relationship with our global PEO provider (we are located in over 26 countries!)
- Responsible for daily HR operations, providing first level of escalation support to employees and managers, resolving more complex HR questions.
- Performance quality assurance through daily work with external vendors in HR operations, benefits, and immigrations; act as the POC to solve complex issues.
- Be the local HR contact that provides exceptional customer service to internal clients on all kinds of policy questions, including (but not limited to) benefits, work permit applications, foreign employees, etc.
- Support and lead ongoing projects and initiatives within the People team intended to optimize People processes and technology, including but not limited to: system implementation and enhancement, benefits renewal, relocation, etc.
- Oversee and facilitate onboarding and offboarding, contract renewal, and other local requirements such as annual government applications, site activities, communications, etc.
- Review and update existing HR policies/procedures and assist in producing new policies/ procedures in relation to HR transactional services.
- Build deep understanding of end-to-end HR processes and provide ongoing and back up support for both global and local stakeholders and teammates as and when necessary.
- Partner with business leaders, HRBP’s, and vendors to support organization/employee data changes, onboarding & hiring
- Development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and process documentation,
- This role will suit a person with at least 5 years of previous experience in a HR Operational role, with focus on managing escalations, supporting, and delivering on key employee moments like onboarding, movement or offboarding. The ideal person will have strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities combined with ability to collaborate and communicate across all levels of a global organization while influencing partners to achieve results.
- To be successful in this role you should have knowledge of EMEA employment policies and practices, and a high level of integrity and confidentiality allowing you to cooperate with internal clients, process owners and vendors.
- Experience working with PEO partners in multiple countries
- Located in Germany or the United Kingdom
Bonus If You:
- You are a expert of documentation
- You are a creator of amazing employee experiences driven by clear process execution and communication
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- Generous Gear Credit
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.