About the Role
Picsart is looking for an Engineering Director, Data, directly reporting to the VP of Engineering, to help us take our internal data platform to the next level. It includes crucial projects such as A/B tools, data tracking solution, self service data desk and much more.
In this role, you will help us scale our engineering team to a world-class level, manage multiple EMs across 4-5 teams and be responsible for the delivery of a very ambitious roadmap.
What you will do
- Own Picsart data pipeline and infrastructure
- Work closely with Product Managers, Analysts, Data Scientists to develop and own data-driven systems
- Partner with Product Management to collect requirements from stakeholders and transform them into actionable parts of your strategy and roadmaps
- Own Roadmap planning and execution of Data Infrastructure domain delivery
- Be responsible for shaping how we acquire, collect and leverage data
- Ensure effectiveness of the teams in the Data Infrastructure domain
- Establish and maintain effective collaboration with Data Science & Analytics
- Mentor, empower and grow the Data Infrastructure Group through effective headcount planning, hiring, on-boarding, retention, and performance improvement
- Own the technology plan for your area by facilitating discussions, aligning with senior/staff engineers to help with the creation, implementation of the plan and making the best architecture decisions
- Assist development team in troubleshooting, coding, testing, implementation, and documenting solutions
- Manage a team of 3-5 Engineering Managers and Senior/Staff/Principal Software Engineers
- Partner with your peers and leadership on organisational design, change management, compensation, talent development, performance management, hiring strategy and employee engagement/experience
- Collaborate and drive a vision that enables your teams to execute on a strategy that delivers platforms capable of handling terabytes of data in real time
- Engage with multiple teams both inside and outside the Data Infrastructure to work on the execution of the technical vision
- Have an eye for challenges arising out of our various different technologies and address them proactively
What you will bring
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- 2+ years experience managing managers
- Track record of creating teams from scratch and scaling up existing teams
- Strong technical leadership skills and ability to work in cross functional teams
- Strong data engineering experience with Kafka, Kafka Streams/Connect, Spark, Airflow with cloud based services (AWS S3, EMR, Glue, Hive), Databricks and Looker
- Hands-on experience in creating and managing an enterprise-scale Data Platform, while setting best practices for security, privacy, monitoring & alerting
- Track record of coaching and mentoring junior and senior team members
- Track record of managing senior stakeholders in complex organizations and changing environments
- Experience leveraging data to prioritize your work and to influence others
- Willingness to implement change and improvements when seeing an opportunity
- Proven ability to listen, interpret, and incorporate feedback (clear and vague) from colleagues and senior leaders on the purpose, vision, roadmap, and software solution designs
- Experience designing, building and operating robust distributed systems
- Previous experience in leading change in an organization
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.