Picsart Video group is looking for a Senior Android Developer who will be part of a team creating the best video editor in the mobile market. As a team member, you will be involved in designing and implementing technically challenging and unique new features in the Picsart app on the Android platform using the latest technologies.
If you love knowledge sharing and are passionate about building great mobile app experiences, we'd love to meet you.
- Write clean, concise code that is stable and extensible.
- Ensure the application’s best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness, debug and resolve production issues as needed.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical PMs.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with other engineers in addition to our product managers and creative team.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies and utilize leading industry technologies.
- Focus on Material Design and a substantial focus on UI.
- Work closely with engineering teams, train and mentor new team members.
- BS, MA or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Economics, Statistics or another quantitative field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience in building Android Apps from scratch up
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Core Java development
- Strong knowledge of multithreading
- Experience with Android Architecture Components
- Knowledge of Android SDK (and NDK) development, including best practices, APIs, libraries, including popular 3rd party APIs
- Solid understanding of the complete mobile development life cycle
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills.
Would be plus:
- Experience with Image Processing.
- Experience with ExoPlayer.
- Experience with iOS.
- Android SDK (NDK)
- MVVM/Clean Architecture
- Dependency injection (Koin, Dagger 2)
- Retrofit 2
- REST API
- Unit testing
- Android Apps Development tools
- Android Studio
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.