We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to drive technology innovation for our team and business. We are the Replay group in Picsart, which creates opportunities for freelancers, small businesses and bigger teams to collaborate in creating designs and showcasing Picsart to users with all the powerful editing tools it contains.
The senior member that will join our team will have end to end ownership of the system, will work with the production environment, research and adopt new technologies into the team, act as quality gate keeper and implement the most complex tasks with great quality.
You will work with cutting edge languages, frameworks, and tools such as:
- Java, Kotlin, Scala
- Apache Solr/ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka
- Spark, Big Data, DataBricks, Delta Lake
- Cloud technologies, Microservices, Docker/Kubernetes, ELK Stack, and much more.
- Build mission-critical applications that process ten thousand requests per second through a microservices architecture
- Develop API’s and integrations for a large-scale application according to business needs and priorities
- Create high-quality code that is scalable, reliable, and reusable
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing, and production deployment
- Write unit/integration tests to ensure the high quality of the application.
- At least 3 years of experience with Java
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with document-oriented databases such as MongoDB is a big plus
- Experience with Unit/Integration testing and knowledge of corresponding frameworks, such as JUnit/Mockito
- Knowledge of design principles of high-performance scalable applications
- Familiarity with Gradle build tool is a plus
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Basic understanding of NodeJS is a plus
- Experience with key-value databases such as Redis is a plus
- Experience with Search Engines (ElasticSearch/Solr) is a plus
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.