We are looking for an experienced Android developer to drive technology innovation for our team and business. We are the Replay group in Picsart, which creates opportunities for freelancers, small businesses and bigger teams to collaborate in creating designs and showcasing Picsart to users with all the powerful editing tools it contains.
The senior member that will join our team will have end to end ownership of the system, will work with the production environment, research and adopt new technologies into the team, act as quality gate keeper and implement the most complex tasks with great quality.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Solve architecture-related problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Lead a team of 4-5 developers and help them to grow
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Work on payment system integrations
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- BS, MA or Ph.D. in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of native Android development experience (2+ years with Kotlin)
- Experience in leading a team is a plus
- Experience in payment systems integration is a plus
- Experience with RESTful, offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Good architectural skills (MVVM, Clean Architecture)
- Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities, and limitations of the Android platform
- Knowledge of Android SDK (and NDK) development, including best practices, APIs, libraries, including popular 3rd party APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good team communication and collaboration skills
- Strong and professional English knowledge
- Android SDK (NDK)
- MVVM/Clean Architecture
- Dependency injection (Koin, Dagger 2)
- Retrofit 2
- REST API
- Unit testing
- Android Apps Development tools
- Android Studio
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.