Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app that’s leading the visual storytelling revolution. With more than 150 million monthly active creators, the PicsArt community creates, remixes and shares nearly 1 billion images every month.
We are looking for an Android Developer who will be part of a team creating the best editor in the mobile market. As a team member will be involved in both design and implementation of technically challenging and unique new features in the PicsArt app on the Android platform, as well as take the role of a mentor to train juniors and new team members.
If you are passionate about building great mobile app experiences, we'd love to meet you.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- BS, MA or PhD in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong professional English skills
- 4+ years of native Android development experience
- Experience with RESTful, offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of Android platform
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem (Graphics, Media … )
- Good team communication and collaboration skills.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.