At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
What You Will Do:
As the Head of Sales Operations at Vercel, your primary responsibility will be to lead strategic operational initiatives and partner with our sales leadership along the way. This highly visible position is key to supporting the continued rapid growth of the Company and will be primarily responsible for helping our sales organization gather insights, make strategic decisions, and work within the revenue operations to implement said strategic decisions. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication, and collaborative skills are also required to interface in a cross functional teaming environment with various levels of management. This is an excellent opportunity for a sharp, eager professional passionate about working in a dynamic environment with a fast growing, global start up.
Building & Strategy
- Drive Vercel’s sales operations and lead a team to better manage, forecast and support the sales organization.
- Acts as an executive business partner to leadership while collaborating with cross-functional teams to design sales processes, including but not limited to sales account executives, sales development, sales engineering and product advocates.
- Manage the entire sales operation process, including working with leaders to understand business strategic objectives, assessing the success of the current process, proposing and implementing new processes, and measuring impact.
- Work collaboratively with marketing operations, customer success operations, revenue operations platforms team, and Salesforce architecture team.
- Collaborate with the Salesforce Architecture team to iteratively improve on CPQ process
- Partner with the Sales Compensation and People Team team to ensure that sales compensation variables are aligned with business strategic objectives and incentivizing "good behavior"
- Responsible for keeping the executive team abreast of successes and obstacles by using performance analytics to make tactful, consensus-derived recommendations for process fixes as needed.
Execution & Daily Operations
- Work collaborative with the global sales leaders to implement a sales process built with scalability in mind.
- Project management using agile methodologies and communicating deadlines, progress, blockers, and priorities.
- Deeply understand our sales strategy in order to assist in developing new or improving sales process automation and efficiencies.
- Create and manage a Sales Operations team focused on delivering analytical insights into the sales organization, present data in a meaningful way to sales stakeholders, recommend changes and improvements based on data.
- Preparing and distributing out monthly and quarterly analytics regarding sales attainment and insights.
- Develop and deliver sales enablement training and provide onboarding and everboarding documentation for new and current employees.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University.
- 6-9 years’ experience in Sales Operations, Sales Strategy, Consulting, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Successfully lead teams with a focus on developing others' careers.
- Experience in sales process improvements, and sales automation.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various audiences; sales, marketing, partners, clients, consultants, executive leaders (internal and external).
- Ability to influence others using data & analysis.
- Ability to multitask, develop efficient and effective responses to the most sensitive inquiries and solid communication skills across all levels of leadership.
Bonus If You:
- Have a Salesforce certification
- Are a Certified Scrum Master
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- Generous Gear Credit
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.