Picsart’s mission is to empower the creator in everyone. The world’s leading creative platform and social editing app, we are loved by more than 150 million monthly active creators with over a billion downloads. We are looking for a passionate and driven attorney to join our Legal team that values creativity, collaboration, and principled risk taking.
In this role you will work with talented people throughout the company, in particular as a key advisor to our Product, Trust & Safety, Research & Insights, and Creator Success teams. You’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance that cuts across many areas of law and jurisdictions, especially in the areas of global data governance and protection, privacy, intellectual property, and consumer protection. We have minimal hierarchy, and your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact. This role is remote-friendly, but candidates should be based in New York or Miami. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast, fun, global team as we scale new heights.
- Work with our information security experts to implement and maintain relevant data protection standards and work closely with our Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams to evaluate and mitigate potential data protection risks
- Work cross functionally to advise on, and ensure compliance with, global privacy laws
- Proactively advise on legal issues related to management and use of data collected and processed by Picsart services, and organize and drive legal processes that apply privacy by design
- Review products, features, and initiatives to provide practical risk mitigation strategies
- Draft, negotiate, and advise on a wide range of commercial agreements including vendor agreements, SaaS agreements, data processing agreements, and many more
- Provide practical and creative guidance on a wide range of legal and business requests
- Keep current on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations, especially those related to privacy and data protection, consumer protection, and content regulation
- Collaborate with other legal team members to share ideas, teach and learn from each other, and improve how we work
- Create training materials and scalable processes
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience
- Significant hands-on privacy and product counseling experience at a technology company
- Substantial experience with US and international law on privacy and data security, intellectual property, and consumer protection
- Excellent commercial negotiation and drafting skills
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written, making complex concepts simple
- Sound and practical business judgment and problem-solving skills
- Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to partner with internal business clients
- Excitement to learn new technologies and areas of law
- JD and active membership in at least one state bar
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.