Picsart is looking for a Machine Learning Scientist to help build, scale, and manage state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms that power Picsart. Our “striving for excellence” applied research mindset is focused on leveraging the most cutting-edge AI technologies for the constant improvement of our users' experience.
- Develop and scale algorithms and mathematical models that significantly improve our current ability to make decisions based on qualitative and quantitative behavioral data
- Work on building Recommendation Systems algorithms, Predictive models, NLP based solutions, Monetization optimization techniques, etc.
- Work as a team player to improve data science methods and be a positive influence on team advancement
- Measure and continue to improve the predictive accuracy of models
- BS or MS degree in Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related technical fields
- Experience with state-of-the-art techniques in machine learning algorithms, deep neural networks especially related to NLP and Recommendation Systems
- Experience in deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Theano and Caffe
- Experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, pandas, pyspark, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment
- Experienced in computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithm design
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with working in a distributed, cloud-based computing environment (e.g., Hadoop or Spark) is a plus
- Experience with working with noisy/buggy behavioral data is a plus
- Knowledge and solid understanding of theoretical foundations of A/B testing and practical knowledge of designing robust tests is a plus
- Familiarity with statistics and understanding of different distributions and the conditions under which they’re valid
- Ability to analyze and visualize data and make rigorous statements about what can or cannot be concluded
- Strong background in linear algebra, calculus, and probability theory
- Strong Python coding, strong engineering practices, debugging/profiling skills, familiarity with multi-threaded programming
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.