About the Role
Picsart is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our team. If you are at a crossroads of your career growth and you are looking for a place where you can have a huge impact, the Product Engineering team is the right fit for you to leverage your strong technical and leadership skills.
We reached 150M+ active users on mobile apps but this is just the beginning. We are on a mission to enable creativity and innovation in every person around the world through our mobile apps.
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute with your innovative ideas and leadership skills to building the next generation of technologies.
What you will do
- Have complete ownership over a set of mobile products that are key for our strategic growth - you will manage cross-functional teams containing mobile, backend and site reliability engineers
- Be responsible for roadmap execution and delivery of projects with high quality
- Constantly upgrade your teams by:
- Growing and coaching your direct reports - you are expected to manage a team of 5-10 Senior/Staff/Principal Software Engineers
- Recruiting world-class talent for all your engineering team
- Topgrading low performers
- Always be the bar raiser on every topic you own and challenge the status quo
- Drive operational excellence in your teams, always looking for ways to improve productivity and quality
- Drive the technical alignment with peers in the partner teams
- Contribute to defining the engineering culture and processes that will shape the future of our company
- 7+ years of engineering management experience
- 2+ years experience managing managers
- Experience designing and building world-class software
- Track record of creating teams from scratch and scaling up existing teams
- Tract record of growing and supporting leaders in your team
- Experience delivering large scale mobile applications end-to-end (millions of users)
- Strong understanding and track record of designing Android and iOS app architectures like MVC, MVP or MVVC
- Track record of implementing Monitoring and Observability best practices for mobile applications with hundreds of millions of events per day
- Backend development experience with Node.js or Java
- Track record of implementing operational excellence and DevOps best practices
- Great communication skills and ability to simplify complex problems, both written and verbal
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- Track record of breaking down monolithic applications into microservices architecture
- Experience with container solutions like Docker and orchestration with Kuberenetes
- Experience with public cloud services like AWS or GCP
- Experience with low level programming on image and video processing
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.