Picsart is looking for an Engineering Manager to help scale and manage our Data Engineering team and technologies. The ideal candidate should be equally comfortable with technical leadership, people management, and the data lifecycle. As an Engineering Manager, you will not be implementing technical solutions directly, but your technical experience will help organize and validate Team solutions, make effective data governance pipelines, and provide smooth data provision.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, and make final decisions when necessary
- Understand the existing data platform and its components in order to see how it can be used to help Product teams
- Define the strategy for how to approach the Data Engineering team, working cross-functionally to ensure key stakeholders, business, and product requirements are aligned
- Collaborate with the Product management team, understand where the requests fit in the Data platform and estimate their data needs
- Ensure that data is dependable, high quality, and relevant in enabling strategic analysis, measurement, and decision making
- work closely with business stakeholders, data scientists, data and software engineers to enable data-informed decision-making process and make data reachable
- Work on day-to-day execution and long-term strategic planning with Product stakeholders
- Proactively look for ways to use new tools or technologies, making process improvements, leading or organizing training
- BS, MA or Ph.D. in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or another quantitative field
- Proven experience in Big Data environment, Data Engineering
- Experience with Data Warehousing, Data Lake, Data Modelling, Business Intelligence
- Experience building (or working in) data-intensive applications
- Experience in an Engineering Management or Team Lead role
- Experience scaling and managing team of 5+ engineers, working with international teams
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Proficiency using JIRA or similar tools
- Proven track record of initiating and driving projects
- Passionate about both managing engineers and working with data, being capable of challenging existing data solutions and processes
- Ability to think critically about processes and collaboratively improve them
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.