At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
About the Design Team:
Vercel is looking for an experienced Principal Designer to join our Product Design team. In this role, you'll work across the product, leading design projects, designing thoughtful, system based solutions for challenging customer problems and helping the team build remarkable software interfaces. The Vercel Design Team is a group of talented designers who work to solve challenges that are unique, complex and nuanced-just like the web.
You'll have creative license at Vercel, and that comes with the freedom to spawn entirely new projects that are design-driven. If you are a leader who gets excited about the possibility of digging deep into opportunities that address customer needs, then this might be a fantastic role for you.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision making about product direction.
- Take ownership over the design process through gathering requirements, delivering visuals, and guiding the implementation.
- Set the creative quality bar for evolving design projects.
- Collaborate with the Product Team on building funnels that convert visitors into users of the platform.
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals (including strategic decks and presentations).
- Work closely with engineers and other partners to ensure a high-quality. implementation.
- Advocate for, and teach other designers and engineers about Vercel's approach to design thinking.
- Help with hiring and establishing a design culture within the company.
- 10+ years of experience designing interactive apps.
- Excellent visual, UI, and interaction skills.
- Passion to deliver extraordinary delightful designs.
- Ability to create wireframes.
- Craft interactive mockups.
- Animation experience is a plus.
- Production code (React, Next.js) is a plus.
Bonus If You:
- Passion for design and figuring out best in class solutions to UX, UI and interaction challenges.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think through complex interaction design.
- Clear expression of ideas through visuals and prototyping.
- Experience with design systems and programming.
- A great collaborative teammate capable of delivering and taking feedback.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package + 401k
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- Generous Gear Credit
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.