Picsart is looking for a talented engineer with a very strong Java background. As a Backend Engineer, you will design and implement the A/B testing platform within our Data division and heavily drive a/b experiments automation. You'll work with Spring/Vertx, AWS/Kubernetes, Kafka and various NoSql Databases in order to build a complete end-to-end solution.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design, implement, and maintain low-latency, highly available, and performant services
- Implement security and data protection
- Perform analysis of applications, monitor and identify problems that can occur from concurrent processing.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development
- Experience with developing and implementing REST APIs for the microservices architecture
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in test-driven development
- Experience working with any of the following is a big plus: Redis, Kafka, Vert.x, Node.js, Elasticsearch
- Excellent knowledge of Relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Apache Hbase/Cassandra) databases
- Deep knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven)
- Familiarity with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and logging/monitoring solutions
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure platforms, especially AWS, as well as infrastructure as Code tools (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.