Picsart is looking for a highly motivated Staff Software Data Engineer with deep experience in scalable data processing systems, building and supporting infrastructure, leading solutions and their implementation. If you are passionate to push the limits of distributed computing frameworks to get every bit of performance out of them, welcome to apply.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English.
- Continuously evolve the Data Infrastructure architecture by writing architecture specifications, making system level technical decisions, investigating and suggesting new tools for usage
- Document Data Infrastructure architecture overview, specifics, rules, security solutions
- Blueprint system design state/proposed changes, making hands-on ready to start development guide
- Articulate ideas and simplify complex problems, make technical specifications documented based on business requirements
- Drive the communication with stakeholders across the business in order to understand and define their data requirements
- Take the initiative to continuously improve working environment, including technical issues and culture
- Increase team impact by continuously coaching team members on technical aspects and supporting their technical growth
- Evolve the architecture to support future requirements and defines SLAs for various parts of it
- Take the lead in developing the overall data strategy for the company
- BS/MA degree in computer science or related field. Working experience with distributed systems and Big Data
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Architect or Staff level positions
- Demonstrated working experience with Scala/Java
- Experience with database design (Relational/Non-Relational)
- Experience with data modeling techniques (Dimensional modelling, Data vault modeling, Relational modeling)
- Experience with designing and implementing ETL/ELT subsystems for big data environment
- Proficient in multiple functional domains (backend, operations, data engineering)
- Deep knowledge in software engineering practices. Testing, benchmarking, profiling, concurrency and scalability
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure platforms, especially AWS, as well as infrastructure as Code tools (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible), containerization (Kubernetes)
- Strong Experience with technologies and systems like AWS EMR, Presto, Spark, Hive/Glue, Kafka, Airflow;
- Good knowledge of Apache Spark internals (Catalyst, Tungsten and related query engine details)
- Good understanding of file formats like Parquet, ORC, various data access optimisation strategies
- Great communication skills (written and verbal) in presenting technical initiatives both to team members and stakeholders, making bridge when working cross-team initiatives
- Self-motivated, quick learner and innovative person
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.