Picsart is seeking a talented Creative Coder to develop original and highly engaging effects and interactive visual experiences for AI team. This position is a hybrid of art and software engineering. The position entails, not only the ability to generate and prototype great experiences, but carry them through to polished, bug-free, performant code releases.
- Program real-time visual effects / interactive experiences through multiple iterations up to polished release;
- Generate new ideas for effects;
- Solve problems in translating effects ideas into code execution;
- Communicate interactive concepts effectively in writing, images, storyboards, and videos;
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, product teams from conception to launch;
- Oversee the optimization of the program and the stability of the system;
- Learn from data on released effects to refine existing effects and develop new ones;
- Experience with shaders programming (OpenGL/GLSL, metal);
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing interactive experiences;
- Experience with visual programming or visual node based tools like Derivative TouchDesigner, Unreal, Houdini;
- Knowledge of After Effects and creative coding frameworks like openFrameworks, Processing, Cinder, Max/MSP, Unity3d;
- Experience with 3D production pipelines and integration of 2D and 3D assets into real-time applications
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.