To support the considerable expansion of our global Product Design Team, we're now looking to hire a Product Design Manager to help envisage, organise and execute a world-class user experience across our highly anticipated, new desktop web editing platform.
These are exciting opportunities to join an extremely fast-paced and dynamic global consumer tech company. Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app with a huge 150+ million monthly active users and an install base of more than 1 billion.
These positions can be fully remote working from anywhere in the UK.
Learn about the Web Editor
As a business, we recognise the need for continuous innovation and that often means venturing into new verticals and industries. We've uncovered a big opportunity to expand from casual consumer use on mobile, to professionals, small to midsize companies, and teams that are using our creative tools for their business. This is why we launched our Web product a year ago.
Picsart’s editing software is revered the world over, and the products themselves are at the heart and soul of everything we do. Our Web Editor enables consumers and professionals like marketers, sellers or educators to dream-up and design the visuals they need to run their business. Add in our enormous library of stickers, images and templates and our multi-million person creative community, it’s no wonder Picsart is the world’s largest creative platform. Whether they’re looking to make a campaign ad, a poster or retouch a headshot, our Web Editor is there to help create stunning visual experiences and empower the storyteller in them all. And, we’re just getting started.
Product Design Managers at Picsart
Product Design Managers lead, and coordinate the activities of a single team or product area, and the individuals that make up that team (typically 1-3). They are responsible for planning, progress and people.
At this level, the role remains >50% hands-on design (tied to competency D5). They demonstrate an ambition to constantly learn and improve as a people manager, proactively seeking out training and mentorship from more experienced managers and other training resources.
- Product Design Managers consistently deliver clarity for others — whether describing a complex project with many dependencies, delivering design critique, or giving feedback in a 1:1.
- Product Design Managers develop effective, growth-centred relationships with the Product Designers on their team. They understand the personal and professional objectives for members of their team and help set clear, realistic, action-oriented goals for them based on the Design competency framework. They regularly check-in on those goals, providing feedback, support and guidance, while simultaneously holding each designer accountable for what they've committed to accomplishing.
- Product Design Managers promote a healthy understanding of, trust in and appreciation for design processes and outcomes across disciplines. They own the operations within their product area or team, including design critique sessions, project status updates and documentation, sprint planning, staffing and resourcing, communication channels upwards and down, recruiting, local design events and more.
- Design Managers participate actively across the whole recruiting lifecycle. They identify needs within our team structure or knowledge-base, and engage with potential candidates through LinkedIn, events, social media, 1:1 etc.
- Alongside the most Senior ICs on their team, Managers assume responsibility for the quality of design output on the products they lead. Additionally, they work with their team, and adjacent teams on UX patterns and processes to establish a holistic vision for how Picart's products should look, feel and interact with each other.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.