Picsart is seeking a talented Technical Artist / Effects Creator to develop original and highly engaging effects and interactive visuals for the Picsart photo editor. This position is a hybrid of art and software engineering. The position combines both the ability to generate and prototype effects, as well as code them in visual computing environments.
- Generate new ideas for effects,
- Build up an effects roadmap with different product stakeholders and manage the pipeline,
- Use various tools: LUTs, JSON code structures, node-based programming and real-time processing to translate effect ideas into working solutions,
- Program real-time visual effects and polish them for the end-release,
- Communicate effect’ concepts productively through imagery, storyboards and writing.
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, product teams from conception to launch
- Oversee the optimization and improvements of the product
- Make data-informed decisions about refining existing effects and developing new ones
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing interactive experiences
- Experience with visual programming or visual node based tools like Derivative TouchDesigner, Unreal, Houdini,...
- Experience in working with LookUp Tables (LUTs), textures and overlays,
- Knowledge of After Effects and creative coding frameworks like openFrameworks, Processing, Cinder, Max/MSP, Unity3d
- Experience with 3D production pipelines and integration of 2D and 3D assets into real-time applications
- Experience with shaders programming is a plus (OpenGL/GLSL, metal)
Keywords: After Effects, Lightroom, Photoshop, Motion Graphic Design, Motion Graphic Artist
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.