Picsart is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Data Engineer with deep experience in scalable data processing systems. If you are passionate to push the limits of distributed computing frameworks to get every bit of performance out of them, welcome to apply.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English.
- BS/MA degree in computer science or related field;
- Working experience with distributed systems and Big Data;
- Demonstrated working experience with Scala/Java;
- Experience with database design (SQL/NoSQL);
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure platforms, especially AWS, as well as infrastructure as Code tools (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible), containerization (Kubernetes);
- Strong Experience with technologies and systems like AWS EMR, Presto, Spark, Hive/Glue, Kafka, Airflow;
- Good knowledge of Apache Spark internals (Catalyst, Tungsten and related query engine details);
- Good understanding of file formats like Parquet, ORC, various data access optimisation strategies;
- Familiar with data modeling (Dimensional modelling, Data vault modeling, Relational modeling);
- Good communication and knowledge sharing skills;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Strong working English skills;
- Self-motivated, quick learner and innovative person.
- Provide in-depth analysis and insights about user behavior using Apache Spark (execution) and Databricks Delta (storage);
- Design and build a Data Lake solution with the focus on performance and quality;
- Work with both simple statistical analysis and much more complex funnel and cohort analysis;
- Work both with data science and data engineering teams to empower data-driven business decisions at PicsArt;
- Focus on optimizing various performance-related aspects of our applications and delivering truly production-ready solutions, automate the path from development to production;
- Constantly improve the delivery quality and performance of the team;
- Mentor fellow team members on algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and best practices;
- Contribute towards better data governance and observability.
Please, submit your resume in English.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.