PicsArt is looking for a Backend Engineer to join its highly talented team. This is a great opportunity for you to work on a large scale distributed system deployed on more than 1000 servers in 4 data centers handling more than 40K requests per second. You will design and develop new microservices from scratch and integrate them with the existing Picsart backend services. Your tech stack will include cutting edge languages, frameworks, and tools such as:
- MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch/Apache Solr
- Cloud technologies, Microservices, Docker/Kubernetes, ELK Stack and much more.
- 5+ years of Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with document-oriented databases such as MongoDB
- Experience of using pub/sub or message queue technology such as Kafka
- Experience with Unit/Integration testing and knowledge of corresponding frameworks, such as Mocha/Jest
- Knowledge of design principles of high-performance scalable applications
- Experience with MicroServices architecture is a plus
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is plus
- Experience with key-value storages such as Redis is a plus
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Build mission-critical applications that process ten thousand requests per second through a microservices architecture
- Develop API’s and integrations for a large-scale application according to business needs and priorities
- Create high-quality code that is scalable, reliable and reusable
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including design and development, code reviews, testing, and production deployment
- Write unit/integration tests to ensure the high quality of the application.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.