PicsArt is looking for a highly motivated BI Engineer with practical experience in data warehousing and developing BI products. This role is responsible for data modeling and report curation for the main business processes of the organization as well as participating in data warehouse design. If you are ready to work and grow in a distributed team environment, we'd like to meet you.
- BS/MA degree in computer science or related field;
- Working experience with distributed systems, data warehousing and BI products (Looker, Tableau, etc);
- Demonstrated working experience with SQL;
- Experience with data warehouse design (Star Schema, OLAP);
- Familiar with data modeling techniques (Dimensional modelling, Data Vault, 3NF);
- Good understanding of file formats like Parquet, ORC, various data access optimisation strategies is a plus;
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure platforms, especially AWS is a plus;
- Good understanding of Apache Spark internals (Catalyst, Tungsten and related query engine details) is a plus.
- Define and curate the main business metrics, reports and dashboards;
- Translating business requirements into technical ones;
- Design and build a Data Lake/DWH solution with the focus on performance and quality;
- Work with both simple statistical analysis and much more complex funnel and cohort analysis;
- Work with data focused teams to empower data-driven business decisions at PicsArt;
- Focus on optimizing various performance-related aspects of BI reporting system;
- Provide documentation covering data models, structure and metadata.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s #1 creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app for 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares millions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.