Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role/ About the team:
Drift’s Field Operations team is a key partner in the hypergrowth of our Sales and Customer organizations. Our mission is to build a consistently high-achieving, understood, and predictable revenue engine.
The right candidate will bring sales and/or customer operations experience from the B2B domain, with deep experience in go-to-market strategy and planning. If you are a positive, curious and motivated person who likes a fast-paced environment, enjoys problem-solving, and has the drive to build, you will enjoy being a member of the Drift Field Operations team.
What you will be doing:
- Managing our Strategy and Planning functions across the customer journey, responsible for both the Sales Team and our Customer Teams
- Owning and continuously improving our territory planning, firmographic scoring, headcount and quota capacity modeling, and compensation design for all Sales and Customer-Facing roles
- Directly managing, coaching, and developing our existing Planning team members within Field Operations
- Partnering with Sales and Customer Team leadership to set the short and long-term strategy for our various business units, and identifying strategic insights to improve our business
- Collaborating with our Finance and Recruiting partners on key business activities like budgeting and headcount allocation
- Identifying and contributing to critical strategic, organizational, and operational projects designed to increase revenue, boost sales productivity, and create operational efficiency
In one month, you’ll:
- Go through extensive company-wide training on Drift’s industry, offerings, and customers
- Meet with Field Operations, Sales, and Customer Leaders to understand current states of their businesses, and start to identify areas for improvement
- Start a deep-dive into existing firmographic scoring, book of business and territory management processes, and quota capacity models
- Get to know the amazing team you’ll be managing and supporting
- Begin to attend and participate in key Field Operations routines
By month 3, you’ll:
- Deepen relationships with your Field Ops team members, and go-to-market leaders
- Participate and start to take an ownership role of key Planning routines/cadences
- Prioritize Strategy and Planning goals and set future priorities with Field Ops leadership
- Familiarize yourself our Drift tech stack and systems that support our planning activities
- Identify gaps or inefficiencies in our existing territory structure and target account strategy – where are things falling through the cracks? Where can we reduce friction?
By month 6, you’ll:
- Own key planning and strategy decisions
- Translate any inefficiencies or gaps you have observed into actions to address them
- Manage and execute our Fiscal Year Planning processes, including, but not limited to new sales territories, strategic vertical and geographic expansion, Rules of Engagement changes, variable compensation design, and headcount/quota capacity modeling.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Sales Strategy, Planning, Operations, or related functions in a B2B Technology Organization
- Successful team builder: experience managing a team, setting priorities, and performance management
- B2B company experience: scaling an organization through significant growth
- Experience in territory management and sizing market opportunities
- Proven experience with reporting and analysis tools (Excel/Sheets, SF Dashboards & Reporting, Looker/Tableau)
- You are a self-starter with a voracious appetite to learn and grow
- You are able to translate complex data into simple insights, and communicate them effectively
- You are methodical in your routine and pride yourself in the accuracy of your work
- You are curious -- you want to be the person who solves the problem
- You are well spoken and your written and verbal communication is clear
- You can adapt to rapidly-changing environments and work with cross-functional teams
- You have a genuine interest in sales, sales methodology, and building the new way businesses buy from businesses
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-Remote #LI-JK