The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Order to Cash team is a truly global team that sits in three locations: Dublin, Austin and Gurgaon. The team is led by the Order-to-Cash manager. We are both an internal and external customer facing team. This team is a high-performing, collaborative team, made up of overachievers and driven professionals.
This role is remote optional until April 4, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Austin for when we introduce our hybrid model.
What you’ll do
- Provides transactional guidance to the Junior billing team
- Assists junior members with escalations and complex deal reviews
- Works with Manager, Billing & Orders to oversee and streamline billing
- Participates in interview panels for hiring Junior billing members
- Provides input with process improvements that are in line with MDB accounting practices
- Updates and helps maintain billing documentation relevant to operational processes
- Reviews and approves FinancialForce Milestone adjustments for conversions
- Routes incoming orders for MongoDB legal execution
- Reviews order documents to confirm details are in line and correctly entered into our sales and financial accounting systems
- Converts salesforce.com opportunities into Netsuite sales orders
- Generates invoices in NetSuite and emails to assigned billing contacts
- Delivers invoices through electronic procure-to-pay platforms (I.E Ariba, Coupa)
- Prepares ad-hoc sponsorship invoices
- Monitors and responds to incoming customer billing and ordering queries
- Monitors and responds to internal queries via email, Slack and G-Chat
- Accountable for monitoring and managing the Billing Tier 2 and Tier 3 inboxes
- Ensures internal and external customer satisfaction
- Communicates order discrepancies/errors to sales and financial management
- Monitor the internal status of customer orders and financer review queue time
- Works late nights and weekends during quarterly closing periods.
- Prepares credit memo requests, including support to obtain approvals
- Aides in completion of Credit/Rebills within ERP system
- Assists with updating various monthly tracking reports
- Preps and sends billable expense invoices for consulting projects. Including review for adherence to billing caps and travel policies
- Special projects as related to administration, operational and accounting needs
We’re looking for someone with
- 5+ years of experience working in billing and order processing
- NetSuite and SalesForce experience preferred
- Software Industry experience preferred
- Enjoys working through large volumes of orders
- Experience in a fast paced environment supporting corporate customers
- Completes tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Fast and accurate data entry skills are essential
- Strong teamwork and communication skills in support of global operations
- Courteous, professional and passionate about providing the highest level of customer service
- Strong attention to detail, quality of work is consistently clean
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiar with legal agreements and contracts relevant to order processing
- Ability to navigate comfortably through T&C’s
- Above average organizational skills and time prioritization
- Ability to be flexible and adapt with a rapidly growing company and demands for process development and change
The Billing lead will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- In 3-6 months' time will be fully ramped and taking ownership of day to day tasks. Will have participated actively in a quarter end close
- In 6 -12 months’ time you’ll have accomplished ownership of billing processes
- In 12 months' time, will have accomplished a rapport with Order-To-Cash global members and multiple teams within the company
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.