The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Architect to be a key member of a growing Data Architecture team; overseeing the governance, management and stewardship of data across the organization. As a Data Architect, you will be the bridge between the business and data engineering teams. You will design data models and schemas to produce high-performing, curated datasets in a mixed SQL and NoSQL environment, and drive the implementation to completion. You will configure a new enterprise data catalog, and facilitate the adoption of enterprise data governance policies and procedures.
- At least 5+ years experience as a data modeler, with a mix of SQL and NoSQL skills preferred
- Highly customer-focused, understanding that delivering business value is of utmost importance
- Skilled at eliciting requirements and communicating across a diverse set of engineers and partners
- Well-versed in core data lake, data warehousing, and data security concepts
- Familiar with data catalog functionality, business glossaries, metadata management, and data lineage
- Familiar with cloud computing concepts and big data storage formats such as Parquet
- Experienced with at least one BI Tool like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, or PowerBI
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- A lifelong learner who strives for continuous improvement
As a Data Architect, you will
- Partner with Product Owners and other Stakeholders to document data requirements, utilizing your experience to provide insights and add value to the process
- Design data models and schemas within the internal data lake and data warehouse to satisfy multiple use cases for both SQL and MQL (MongoDB Query Language) consumers
- Create and execute test plans to ensure data is accurate and performance meets SLAs
- Implement data security standards for data access
- Map the flow of data from source systems such as SalesForce, Marketing systems, Billing systems, and more
- Document metadata and lineage in the enterprise data catalog, promoting self-service data discovery and exploration
- In 3 months, you’ll have fully ramped with our Business and Data teams
- In 6 months, you’ll have delivered at least one fully documented data model that provides value to the business
- In 12 months, you’ll have delivered multiple data models across a variety of use cases, and are comfortable working with all aspects of our internal data platform
This role is remote optional until April 4, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in the Gurugram office for when we introduce our hybrid model.
Do you know, Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career?
- Top NoSQL database in the world
- Largest Ecosystem and the fastest growing database in the world
- Close to 31,000 customers in more than 100 countries and over 175+ million downloads
- Sequoia Capital and a number of other Top VC firms have invested in MongoDB. Sequoia Capital calls us out as one of their flagship portfolios; Sequoia has also invested in Apple, Google, Youtube, and WhatsApp
- 9-figure revenue company, with very high double-digit growth rates
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
"MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer."