Role: Social Media Manager
Drift is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented communications professional to lead and execute our global social media program. This role will drive the strategy and management of our corporate social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) and social media advocacy platform, including content development and scheduling, copywriting, reporting and campaign execution. This role will work closely with our executive communications lead to support priority executive social accounts and with our communications agency to develop and socialize playbooks, strategies and best practices.
As Drift’s social media lead, you will own the social calendar, provide counsel to executives and cross-functional teams, and partner closely with agency partners and the extended communications team to deliver integrated plans and programs. You are a skilled writer with exacting standards, a knack for bringing clarity to complex issues and a successful track record of executing programs for leading B2C or B2B technology brands.
This role has the unique opportunity to develop and amplify Drift’s evolving corporate narrative among both internal and external audiences. A successful candidate will be a strategic thought partner who brings people together and a strong collaborator who can partner with various departments to achieve attribution, influencer relations and brand awareness goals, balancing ongoing requests with data-driven strategy.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy that supports global business and communications objectives and drives awareness of Drift.
- Leadership of our social media program and agency partners to drive social media outcomes, including follower growth, engagement and share of voice.
- Implement social-first programs (e.g., Twitter Chats, LinkedIn Live) and robust activations for priority events and campaigns.
- Proactive and detailed content curation, including editorial calendar management, copywriting, creative development and alignment with priority campaigns and announcements.
- Relentless focus on brand and messaging consistency; responsible for superior quality assurance and standards across corporate channels.
- Global monitoring of social conversations concerning Drift and its affiliates, including appropriate escalation and customer service
- Work cross-functionally with executives, senior leadership and peers to meet priority social objectives and audiences, including customers, prospects, candidates, influencers, among others.
- Lead the shaping, development and execution of social media best practices across the company, including the administration of training.
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, social amplification and cross-functional program support.
- Research current benchmark trends and audience preferences, including analysis of owned account data.
- Manage unexpected communication challenges with high judgment and professionalism.
- Experience in social media, digital media and/or external communications in B2C or B2B brands, preferably in software or technology.
- Deep knowledge of key social channels, including LinkedIn,Twitter, Facebook and Instagram is required.
- Current experience developing social media strategy and content, and managing publishing platforms (e.g., Sprout Social).
- Experience with social selling and attribution, enablement and advocacy, and executive communications is preferred.
- Experience reporting to internal stakeholders on social media performance, KPIs and optimization.
- Experience working with global brand, public relations, analyst relations and social teams; contributing to a global corporate communications strategy.
- Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing cross-functional teams to secure buy-in and motivate action.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with experience presenting cohesive plans to senior management clearly and concisely.
- Ability to remain agile when managing multiple high-priority, high-visibility projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills with deep understanding of spelling, AP Style and content structure.
- Preferred degree in business, marketing communications, journalism or press relations.