The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for a talented and results-driven Senior Marketing Manager China who can both define and run programs, campaigns, and anything necessary to help customers succeed with MongoDB and partners like Alibaba Cloud, Tencent Cloud as well as technology partners. This role will be in close collaboration with the Field Marketing team working in the region to generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities.
The role will report into the Head of Field Marketing, Asia.
This role is remote optional until April 4, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Beijing/Shanghai for when we introduce our hybrid model.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following
- 7+ years experience in a partner marketing and/or field marketing at B2B technology companies
- Demonstration of a metrics-driven approach to success and can show Return on Investment (ROI) by tracking results from funded/co-marketing activity against budget
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills. Must have extensive experience in creating marketing content with a preferred emphasis on partner co-authored content (joint blogs, customer stories, proposals, etc.)
- A strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, pivot and problem-solve
- High level of accountability and sense of urgency
- Can take a high-level business challenge and work backwards to determine how best to tackle it both strategically and tactically
- Both a thinker and doer, with an "own what you do” mentality
- Develop, execute and measure end-to-end integrated co-marketing partner campaigns, field marketing programs in collaboration with global cross-functional teams including Field Marketing, Content Marketing, Product Marketing and Partner teams across both MongoDB and partners
- Closely integrate with Regional Directors, Cloud Partner Managers and Account Executives, supporting the needs of their territory and executing regional marketing strategies
- Collaborate with partners on the creation of joint value propositions and drive the internal and external go-to-market strategy and execution as well as new content for blogs, win wires, digital campaigns, ebooks, etc
- Understand specific challenges of partners, strategic accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming
- Working in collaboration with the Marketing team, create and execute a lead generation plan that delivers significant inbound, qualified leads and pipeline growth to hit targets
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional, and local programs
- Support the go-to-market and co-marketing plans for accounts
- Lead joint partner marketing activities
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and supporting processes set up to effectively measure outcomes
- Support our flagship events
- 30% travel to domestic markets when required
The Senior Marketing Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities
- In 3 months you’ll have fostered a relationship with your Regional Directors, Cloud Partner Managers and Account Executives, understand their top target accounts, and begin planning field marketing opportunities. You’ll develop a comprehensive review of our existing partner programs and identify areas for improvement, with specific focus on how to align these partners with MongoDB's application data platform strategy
- You'll need to "keep the lights on" existing co-marketing programs from events/conferences to customer case studies, while taking a position on which should be continued, which should be scrapped, and identify our path forward
- In 6 months you’ll have a clear understanding of your key objectives and have executed pipeline acceleration events, and developed our partner strategy
- In 12 months you’ll have fostered relationship across internal MongoDB teams and have executed both strategic and scalable ABM programs, co-produced partner events leveraging the MongoDB partnership ecosystem, co-produced regional events that build affinity for MongoDB across developer communities, maintained flawless documentation and reporting of all programs to ensure success, and have a stake in future programming
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.