The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're looking for engineers interested in helping us provide best-in-class technology education. Our ideal candidate is a software developer who also loves to teach. You've built some non-trivial applications. But you also have a passion for communicating complex concepts and coaching others to help them build powerful new skills.
This is a unique role because it combines teaching and software engineering. Our instructors have the opportunity to become true MongoDB experts and continue honing developer skills, and deliver highly interactive instructor-led training courses to help people get the most out of MongoDB technologies. When applying, please let us know in a few words why you'd be a good fit. Polymath developer? Technology geek? Hacker who loves to speak and mentor others? If any of these descriptions fit, then we'd love to hear from you!
This role will be based remotely in Mexico City, Mexico.
What you’ll do
- Deliver a variety of multi-day technical courses on MongoDB via a combination of presentation and demonstration, facilitated discussion, coaching and advising, and student lab troubleshooting and support
- Classes can be both public/open enrollment and private/client-specific and can be taught both remotely online and in-person
- Continuously invest in your own learning and development, to build elite MongoDB expertise through a combination of attending training, shadowing experts, receiving mentoring, performing coding projects, and self-study
- Contribute regularly to our curriculum, drawing upon your programming, database administration, communication, and MongoDB product expertise to improve existing courses and author new highly technical learning content, laboratory environments, exercises, and instructor guides
- Maintain product and industry knowledge, learning new product features and teaching methods, collaborating with MongoDB product engineering, field, and
- curriculum teams to maintain subject matter expertise and contribute to curriculum
- As requested, help bring new courses and major course updates to market through materials review, beta teaches, “train-the-trainer” programs, and supporting MongoDB’s instructors around the world in delivering the new courses effectively
- Perform instructor certification processes on fellow instructors to ensure instructors new to teaching a particular subject are able to deliver up to our high standards
- Develop sample applications for inclusion in our courses using a variety of programming languages
- Prepare tailored training content to customer needs for private classes and/or deliver the tailored training to the customer
- Travel up to 50% of the time when it becomes safe to do so and the customer requests instructor presence at their location
Experience you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field
- Aptitude and attitude are more important than credentials
- Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following areas: teaching, technical content development, public speaking, technical writing, technical mentoring
- Fluency in Spanish
- Solid understanding of a programming language
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern software development practices and infrastructure
- Experience using one or more database technologies. Knowledge of MongoDB is a plus, but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including a proficiency in Spanish ● A “can-do” attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the extended Training department team
- You enjoy self-driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages, and can adapt innovative technologies and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Within 3 months:
- Complete new hire technical training to acquire hands-on technical knowledge of MongoDB products, their specific capabilities, and use cases
- Via new hire training, shadowing, and self study, acquire a deep knowledge of MongoDB instructor-led training offerings, student personae, and learning objectives
- Complete qualification process to teach one multi-day course independently
Within 6 months:
- Successfully deliver multiple MongoDB courses
- Begin to deliver customer-specific and tailored training engagements ● Build deep MongoDB knowledge related to the courses you teach ● Contribute to the curriculum by proactively suggesting corrections, improvements, or innovations. As requested, perform additional
- curriculum-related work
- Contribute to student experience by developing additional sample applications and student hands-on exercises
Within 12 months:
- Take leadership in one or more areas such as:
- Qualifying and mentoring other instructors
- Teaching difficult advanced combinations of content
- Contributing significantly to curriculum and lab exercises
- Developing specialized or advanced MongoDB product expertise
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.