Data Marketplace Operations Analyst
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The data store operations team is responsible for the day to day operation of one of LiveRamp’s fastest growing businesses - the Data Marketplace. This is a big, fast moving and complex business, making up a good portion of LiveRamp’s revenue. As part of the data store operations team, aspects of this role include processing data usage, calculating data provider payments, supporting deal strategy, responding to customer requests, as well as providing insights to the commercial organization. This role is highly cross functional, requiring exceptional attention to detail as well as keen business sense and analytics skills. The operations analyst will report to the data marketplace operations manager.
- Manage data usage reporting process from data marketplace buyers, streamlining the collection and formatting of Data Store usage reporting
- Work closely with Partnership Managers and clients on reporting formats, timeliness, comprehensiveness, and accuracy
- Work closely with Finance to develop, create, and issue client-ready reporting to ensure the overall integrity of our revenue management system/processes
- Build dashboards and analyze data for ongoing areas of improvement and insight into current marketplace dynamics
- Perform ad hoc analysis and investigations through vast troves of data
Your team will:
This is helpful since candidates often want to hear about the projects or problems their team will help to solve.
- Willingness to learn and ability to quickly learn sophisticated new systems and processes - do you love solving problems you don’t know the answer to?
- Extreme attention to detail - has an understanding that building error free spreadsheets requires rigor and process
- Advanced excel skills - importing csv files, tables, pivot tables, vlookups
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field is preferred
- Interest in supporting royalty management in data licensing, IP licensing or other usage-based financial reporting businesses
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage complexity and work with varying levels of ambiguity
- Desire to learn and ask questions
- This role is ideal for accountants who love number crunching but want to transition into a more commercial/business facing role
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located.
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.