Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Our title production team is growing, and we need an experienced Project Manager to help manage our new growth initiatives. Our title production team is responsible for searching real estate property records and using technology to convert those records into title reports. Your job as project manager will be to help us implement new projects that deliver new technology to our team, create new vendor relationships and journey map the overall process of how a file moves through our process to become a completed order.
As a Project Manager at Doma Underwriting, you'll take part in a fun and respectful corporate atmosphere. You'll interact frequently with an executive team that has a corporate culture of working as one team and determination to revolutionize the title industry. At the same time, you’ll visit and interact with title and escrow experts in a variety of contexts and jurisdictions to formulate an action plan to implement new programs and procedures for our title production team.
You’ll measure success by the amount of friction in the process you are able to eliminate with technology, vendor resources and new product development.
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in title specific project management
- What's relevant? Any of the following:
- software: you've worked with title production systems and deployed customer facing production systems to title companies.
- Title: you’ve designed or led the production team for an underwriter title production department.
- IT: you’ve worked in project management for information technology companies, guiding projects that have been implemented to remove customer friction points.
- Our definition of product management:
- A project manager at Doma Underwriting identifies business and operational challenges and owns these issues. He/she solves these problems by deriving and executing on value creating technological solutions for the company and/or its customers, by working with internal IT departments, external vendors and internal teams.
- Strengths aligned with our needs:
- Creative skills
- g. Are you able to dream up solutions and experiences that surprise stakeholders (are you inventing a better saddle, or are you inventing the automobile?)
- Understanding of technical implementation costs
- g. Can you provide an independent estimate of the time to complete a project?
- Collaboration skills
- g. Can you get a group to make a controversial decision in fewer than 30 minutes?
- Communication skills
- g. Can you sense friction between stakeholders and your team before it materializes, and solve it almost presciently?
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent; Project Management Certification is a desired
- Proven skills in project management, product development, business and IT planning processes, and the end to end process from idea inception to delivery
- Strong judgment and influencing, communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead teams, run meetings, and facilitate discussions at all levels
- Ability to operate cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Ability to learn needs of a wide range of associates across the organization while driving performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources
- Agility and the ability to work in ambiguity
- Proven background and comfort in utilizing various technology and tools to ensure project success
- Highly organized and possesses the ability to quickly adjust priorities and work in a complex environment. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Track record as a successful change agent; desire to make an impact and lead change. Strong attention to detail and results focused approach
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.