Data Engineer (Python and SQL Ninja)
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The business analytics and operations team’s goal is to make data the connective tissue of how decisions are made and how teams and divisions work together at LiveRamp. As our senior data engineer, you'll join the business analytics team to be our technical leader - help us with our most challenging analysis, build out our data warehouse, ETL pipelines and surrounding infrastructure.
This role is highly cross functional, and will work with teams across liveramp to work with internal and external stakeholders to drive operational & product improvements.
The perfect candidate will have a passion and deep knowledge of modern business analytics technologies - data structures, MDM, data warehouses, visualization tools and ETL. You will own our data pipelines end-to-end and work cross-functionally to help us achieve our goals. The ideal candidate should be comfortable using Tableau, BigQuery, python, and Terraform.
- Partner with people across the company (PM, engineering, data analysts, operations, care, customer success) to understand data needs and pain points.
- Build systems, tools, and documentation to enable and empower data customers from around the company to confidently build accurate dashboards, run data research projects, instrument features, and support outcome studies.
- Define and iterate on our data models and pipelines to best support engineering, product, and business goals.
- Own data integrity for our key product and company health KPIs.
- SQL ninja - you can write a query to do anything
- 2 yrs plus experience in data modeling and schema design
- Experience using python
- You are a self-starter and see projects through from inception to completion with minimal oversight.
- You have experience working cross-functionally and partnering with stakeholders across departments of varying levels.
- You care deeply about customer experience
- Have built cloud native infrastructure (python cloud functions, cloud fusion, cloud composer, pub/sub, bigquery, cloudsql) on GCP
- Experience in ETL and ELT design and implementation.
- Tableau experience
- Matillion experience
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located.
- Location: work in the heart of Phoenix and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.