Sr. Technical Writer APIs
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
About the role:
No day is ever the same at LiveRamp, but the responsibilities of your day-to-day job would include the following:
- Work independently to gather information from software engineers, and product management about new or existing APIs and UI-based products, and create (helpful, interesting, well-organized, consistent, high-quality) content from scratch.
- Write concise, persuasive, on-task content/reference material for APIs that keeps developers engaged and reduces their potential confusion by reducing user errors.
- Work with other writers to help define writing styles, standards, and processes. Capture style decisions and doc processes on an internal wiki so future writers can come up to speed quickly.
- Think outside the box and imagine new learning flow/experiences or techniques that can be applied to the enterprise APIs. Your techniques create a cohesive experience for initial learning and then scaffold a novice to become an efficient expert developer.
- Use the products/APIs, test each procedure and workflow, become an expert user, and advocate for LiveRamp’s customers. If something seems difficult to document, it’s probably difficult to use and understand. Speak up when you see a problem that prevents LiveRamp from being awesome!
- Drive consistency across multiple existing API documentation sets and streamline the integration with other existing LiveRamp technical documentation & content
You are a high-energy, start-up enthusiast crossed with a professional, polished communicator. You love learning about new technologies and industries, and love teaching what you have learned to others even more. You are naturally driven to become the expert in whatever product or space you are tasked to document. You care passionately about developing useful, accurate content, and have a knack for knowing the questions a user will ask before they do. You don't wait for the information to come to you, you go out and get it. You are a proud geek that has earned the respect of every engineer you have worked with. But most importantly: you are fun to work with and bring a sense of humor to the toughest of challenges.
In addition, you possess the following skills:
- Excellent content planning and organization skills.
- The ability to act as an information designer, project manager, writer, editor, and publisher.
- The ability to quickly learn complex concepts and technologies and clearly explain them to others.
- Knowledge or experience with creating API documentation in an Agile development environment.
- Knowledge or experience with ticket/bug tracking systems, preferably using JIRA.
- Experience working with XML-based authoring tools in a structured framework, such as DITA or DocBook.
Required Experience & Education:
- 10+ years of technical writing experience in enterprise SaaS software and/or API.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing or related field.
Bonus Points Experience & Education:
- Previous experience in the AdTech industry and within data-rich products.
- Previous experience working with the documentation authoring tools Paligo and Readme.io.
- 15+ years of writing experience in enterprise SaaS software.
- Master’s degree.
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located.
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.