Learning & Development Manager- Systems & Instructional Design
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
Drift has been recognized by LinkedIn as one of the Top 50 Startups to work for in 2018, 2019, and 2020!
About Digital First
Drift is a Digital First company, which means Remote is the primary experience for all employees. For the majority of our positions, your location is flexible! If “Remote” is stated in the job location, that role can be located anywhere Drift is authorized to do business in the United States. This role can be located remotely.
About the Role
Drift is looking for a L&D manager to join our Learning & Development team to lead our systems strategy and administration and instructional design team. We are looking for an experienced L&D professional who has led an LMS/LXP or other learning tech implementation. This person also needs to have a background in instructional design and is excited about the opportunity to build a new team and standards for Drift.
What You Will be Doing in the Role
- Lead the implementation project team for a new LMS for Drift. This system will be the primary learning system for the whole organization and will need to serve the learning needs of all internal and external audiences.
- Act as the head system administrator for the new LMS and work with other system administrators within the organization to align on system configurations and standard operating procedures and processes.
- Manage all learning content in the LMS including but not limited to; creating courses, curricula, and catalogs, monitoring certifications, enrolling users, being responsible for course change management, managing users, and designing menus and pages.
- Evaluate all learning technologies for the company and lead future implementations.
- Hire, train and manage a new team of instructional designers (both internal and contract talent).
- Create learning design standards for all content areas- onboarding, leadership/management, functional training, product, etc.
- Train and educate SMEs and content providers throughout the organization on design standards and best practices,
- Manage the project board for all learning content creation projects and lead the prioritization of projects based on strategic alignment with leaders throughout the organization.
Within Month One, You’ll
- Complete the Drift orientation program and be certified on Conversational Sales & Marketing.
- Have a strong understanding of Drift- culture, product and our competitive advantage.
- Learn the administrative dashboard and functionality for the new LMS.
- Jump into the LMS implementation project (Wave 1- internal tenant) and attend all project meetings with the Head of L&D.
- Review current internal training content and audit current internal training content.
- Meet and begin forming working relationships with members of the Field Enablement and the Marketing Content, Enablement and Community teams.
- Assist Head of L&D to hire and train contract instructional designers to assist in converting current learning and certification programs for new LMS.
Within Month Two, You’ll
- Lead and drive the LMS implementation project (Wave 2- customer tenant), including ensuring proper integrations.
- Launch instructional design standard operating process which would include, on brand content templates, project request process and a project management system for both the ID team and business stakeholders.
- Coach, advise and support the ID on their work and professional growth, as needed, encouraging them to take ownership of their work and continuously strive to create content that resonates with stakeholders and learners.
- Collaborate with the L&D Program Manager for Onboarding to create and launch a new hire learning path for the Drift Foundations Program.
Within Month three, You’ll
- Launch the customer learning portal and ensure that all critical integrations are working properly.
- Work with the learning colleagues throughout the organization to design a learning dashboard that can be regularly shared with leaders.
- Ensure that critical certifications have been converted and available in the new LMS.
- Begin optimizing standard operating procedures for the ID team, including, providing regular reporting on productivity metrics for team- quality, on-time delivery and stakeholder satisfaction.
Within Six, You’ll
- Continuously iterate, update and improve the LMS to provide the very best learning experience for all internal and external audiences.
- Evaluate the learning content strategy for Drift and work with the Head of L&D to plan for additional resources for the organization- additional learning tools, 3rd party content, additional ID headcount, etc.
- Hold monthly meetings with all Drift LMS administrators to evaluate system performance, align on system changes and updates and discuss user adoption.
- Collaborate with the Customer Content team to create and ship new certification programs for Drift that represent the very best in learner experience and help further the Drift Brand.
About You and the Skills You’ll Need
- Previous experience leading learning system implementation projects- including stakeholder management, managing vendor relationships and driving integrations with other enterprise systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning and development theory and best instructional design practices
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-growing environment
- Experience remotely collaborating with multiple stakeholders and SMEs
- Prior experience training, coaching/ mentoring and monitoring others work (peers, contractors, direct reports, etc.)
- Strong communication skills- excellent listening skills, good writing and presentation skills
- Willingness to try new things, ask questions and “fall on your face”
- Take ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement
- Ability to succeed without all the answers