Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
In the role of Cash Operations Program Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for cash activity regarding Airbnb payments activity globally, including ownership of reporting and audit requirements. This includes managing new route implementation by working directly with finance technology group and payments project managers. This team member will also support internal and external partner relationships and have strong leadership skills.
Success in this role is defined by a consistent track record of accomplishing tight deadlines and effectively supporting with global stakeholders to ensure successful communication, collaboration and implementations. This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Payments Accounting & Operations.
- Collaborate with internal business partners such as Business Intelligence, Product, Finance Systems, Treasury, Engineering to implement new integrations including bank accounts, processors, and products.
- Audit team control & accomplishments quarterly to ensure success toward metrics.
- Support and assist in managing remote teams responsible for cash accounting for Airbnb globally.
- Training remote team on operation of new processes once implementation has been completed.
- Design merchant fee accrual process by working with FP&A lead for any new programs where required.
- Be the main contact for escalation with internal partners for urgent issue resolution. Collaborate with both internal and external partners to investigate and resolve cash-impacting reporting discrepancies.
- Build and own reliable and scalable processes and controls for global key cash and payments accounting. Mitigate finance and payments risks.
- Maintain & support internally built knowledge base in Atlassian Confluence to reflect business and process changes.
- Enhance operations and build new models such as accruals & reporting.
- Work on other ad hoc projects within the finance organization, as required.
- Develop, monitor and maintain KPI’s in order to measure operational effectiveness and initiate continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop, monitor and monitor SLA’s and SLE’s in critical functions of remote cash accounting team
- Experience managing remote/shared service team members and vendor partners.
- B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field of study. MBA or Master’s of Accountancy a plus.
- 4+ years of accounting and payment operations experience.
- 2+ years of relevant industry (tech, payments, marketplace(s), hospitality).
- Experience with large-scale ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, Workday).
- Experience implementing and/or managing payments reconciliation and exceptions management solutions (Blackline, Fiserv, ReconArt). Experience leveraging a combination of 3rd party and proprietary systems is a plus.
- Polished communication skills and a track record of successful cross-functional collaboration on shared initiatives.
- Experience in process development, standardization and automation, with proven ability to operate successfully in a highly-complex and changing environment with competing objectives and priorities.
- Proficient in MS Excel; Experience in SQL, Tableau and Keynote a plus
- Proficiency in Atlassian Confluence a plus, desire to support team knowledge base to reflect ongoing business changes.