Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is responsible for supporting the ongoing design, refinement and maintenance of our Sanctions compliance program, including user-facing product controls, monitoring systems, and supporting control infrastructure. This role helps to ensure that day-to-day Sanctions compliance controls and systems are maintained to a high standard, prepared to mitigate risks to the business, and ready for regulatory examinations.
- Assist in the maintenance of Airbnb Sanctions’ program design, management and audit framework.
- Maintain the Airbnb Sanctions Program framework through the implementation and enhancement of comprehensive policies and procedures
- Work closely with Compliance Product Managers, Engineers and the Data Science team to define product requirements and closely manage sanctions systems development and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate and work closely with the Sanctions Operations team to understand evolving trends and risks and the effectiveness of our Sanctions controls, workflows and supporting systems
- Support the efforts of the Sanctions Program Risk Assessment.
- Ensure compliance risks are identified and raised for consideration to the Senior Manager, Sanctions Program, or CCO, as appropriate.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Sanctions Program and Senior Manager, Governance with audits and exam document requests related to the Sanctions program
- Assist the manage and maintain metrics to monitor control effectiveness, and ensure management has 24/7/365 visibility of the health of the Sanctions programs Requirements
- 4+ years experience in related field (financial institutions or financial service providers or sanctions)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Equivalent
- Previous Sanctions Compliance Experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SQL
- In depth experience in data visualization tools ie. Tableau, Chartist, Keynote, G-Slides
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Good project discipline, operating as part of a team or across teams to reach agreement to the enterprise view of the data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills