Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to assist with key areas within our accounting function. As one of our early finance team members, you’ll have the opportunity to develop yourself in the role described below and take a key role in building processes, procedures and programs to support the finance and accounting function.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Senior Accountant, you’ll …
- Own key areas of the monthly close process, including but not limited to recording transactions, booking cash entries, performing bank reconciliations, reconciling payments, deferred rent, etc.
- Own the management of Prepaids, including following up with business partners and vendors on the appropriate service periods. Maintain schedules in Netsuite and record amortization at month-end.
- Oversee the processing and coding of business-related expenses incurred by employees and contractors through Abacus. Record cash entries and accrue for expenses not paid out during the month-end close.
- Manage the monthly payout process for template designers and meetup reimbursements
- Support the informational requirements for audits and other regulatory requirements from governmental agencies.
- Spearhead the 1099 year-end process for completeness, accuracy, and compliance and improve operational efficiency.
- Assist with the informational requirements for all tax filings required by city, state and federal governments, including sales tax.
- Assist with the development, documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls for Webflow.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Accountant if you:
- Have an active CPA license, or are in the active pursuit of a CPA license, and possess strong understanding of GAAP and accounting principles
- Have General Ledger accounting experience with knowledge in preparing journal entries and performing month-end procedures
- Are accustomed to managing a large transaction volume
- Are experienced working in an environment where processes and procedures are being developed
- Are a detail-oriented individual with a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why" and "how"
- To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Technical Recruiter and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification is required for this position. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.