The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Reporting into the Head of Field Marketing, Southern Europe, this role works in close alignment with the sales and marketing teams to drive MongoDB’s value proposition and go-to-market strategy to support sales and developer advocacy goals. Key responsibilities include planning, organising, and executing event and field marketing programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities.
This role is remote optional until January 10, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Milan for when we introduce our hybrid model.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following
- 7+ years experience in Field Marketing with account management, event and marketing experience in a technology company
- Demonstration of a metrics-driven approach to success and can show Return on Investment (ROI) by tracking results from funded/co-marketing activity against budget
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Eloqua/Salesforce/Wrike experience a plus
- Problem solving skills
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are key
- Ability to shift priorities and help other team members as needed
- Experience in managing and developing a team
- Italian & English language essential; Spanish will be a plus
- Closely integrate with regional Account Executives, supporting the needs of their territory and executing regional marketing strategies
- Understand specific challenges of strategic accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming
- Conduct market research and evaluation to understand regional and account opportunities
- Working in collaboration with the Field Marketing team, create and execute a lead generation plan that delivers significant inbound, qualified leads and pipeline growth to hit targets
- Work with events team to collaborate on strategic events within region, whilst enabling the Account Executives to drive awareness
- Ensure consistency of company priorities through brand strategy and messaging in materials and communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams when creating integrated marketing campaigns Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional, and local programs
- Support the go-to-market and co-marketing plans for accounts
- Work closely with the ADR and BDR teams to nurture MQLs inquiries in region
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and supporting processes set up to effectively measure outcomes
- Able to travel within Mediterranean countries when required
The Field Marketing Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities
- In 3 months you’ll have fostered a relationship with your regional Account Executives, understand their top target accounts, and begin planning field marketing opportunities
- In 6 months you’ll have a clear understanding of your key objectives, have executed on pipeline generating campaigns , and supported with Global marketing campaigns
- In 12 months you’ll have fostered relationship across internal MongoDB teams and have executed both strategic and scalable ABM programs, co-produced partner events leveraging the MongoDB partnership ecosystem, created an integrated plan in region, maintain maintain flawless documentation and reporting of all programs to ensure success, and have a stake in future programming
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.