Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We’re the Airbnb Talent team - playful, fun, helpful, and deadly serious. We’re tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving Airbnb’s amazing culture. We do this by making sure we work with brilliant, inspiring individuals and teams. It’s our job to make sure we help all of our people raise the bar with their work and career. We work hard - very hard - but every day, we are rewarded by the amazing, joyful people around us. We’re creating the best team in the world.
We're looking for a Talent Partner (HRBP) who will support our APAC teams and help define the broader talent strategy for the region. A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. The successful candidate will be comfortable moving between working at a detailed tactical level and at impacting the strategic big picture. This will require the ability to manage our Talent priorities at a fast and sometimes challenging pace. The right candidate won’t be afraid to roll their sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role. This is a highly collaborative role, working within a matrix and partnering with global Centres of Excellence (COEs) ensuring that global programmes, including our annual Talent processes land locally. We need a “Talent Rock Star” to come in with a hands-on attitude and develop already existing processes as well as growing brand new ones to continually drive our mission and goals.
This role will be based in Singapore and report directly into the Regional Talent Lead based in Singapore.
Business Partnering Responsibilities
- Proactively help shape talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs. Diagnose and define programs and support needs to optimize business performance.
- Actively partner, coach & develop leadership in team members, managers and individuals.
- Advocate for teams and represent their needs to the regional and global talent team and senior leadership.
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication.
- Mediate between team members when appropriate and escalates to senior leadership and the broader talent team if necessary.
- Work with managers and advise on performance and behavioral issues. When appropriate, escalate to broader talent and legal teams.
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience.
- Educate employees and managers on our compensation and benefits program.
- Understand the needs of the team and make recommendations regarding recognition and rewards programs using country insights.
- Partner with APAC Legal and Employee Relations team to be compliant with local employment regulations.
- Assist the business with all aspects of the Talent Management process and performance reviews.
- Partner with Ground Control (employee experience/office culture) on various office initiatives.
- 12+ years of progressive Talent/HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment.
- Experience of working within a global team, and multi-country experience in APAC required.
- Prior experience of having worked in a matrix organisation and knows how to build trusted partnerships at all levels. Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Well-developed analytical and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- Comfortable working with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Ability to be patient and communicate respectfully in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organisational and planning skills and a solutions orientation.
- Strong project management capability.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- High-level of self-initiative, creativity, perseverance, and flexibility.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!