Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Director, Insurance Solutions will help manage the company’s global insurance programs and also lead initiatives that aim to provide protective coverage to our community of hosts and guests around the world through innovative insurance products. S/he will be responsible for the strategic direction, execution and operation of our existing insurance related products, as well the development and rollout of products that cover new aspects of the business. S/he will structure and negotiate relationships with third-party insurers and brokers to expand and grow the coverage we provide to our community.
Existing platform programs that will be expanded and improved upon include Airbnb’s AirCover which provides top-to-bottom protection for hosts through various programs that include a $1mm Host Guarantee program and Airbnb’s $1mm Host Protection Insurance program. In this role, s/he will be a thought leader in how to further broaden the scope of coverage and geographic footprint of the programs internationally.
Additionally, this role will be tasked with evaluating and implementing new innovative insurance products that provide additional protection to Airbnb and our community as we continue to expand into new markets and provide new services to our community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Global leadership and management of insurance products across the Airbnb platform.
- Strategic partner to our platform business and other corporate departments to create custom insurance products that solve unique challenges for our Host and Guest communities in the short-term rental space.
- Forge, develop and manage relationships with insurance companies, brokers, third-party claims administrators and regulators.
- Lead all aspects of insurance product execution, including prioritization, strategic approach, risk assessments, structuring and negotiation.
- Leverage internal and external data to drive program evolution, including identifying coverage opportunities to meet business needs and identify cost savings opportunities.
- Manage and execute go-to-market activities including commercial agreements, marketing and on-going partnership.
- Ensure effective ongoing management of programs, improving coverage and terms as needed, and maintaining accountability for the health of our insurance products.
- Work collaboratively in partnership with cross functional teams in business development, trust and safety, engineering, product, marketing, operations, community, legal and finance to ensure alignment on programs and requirements.
- Proactively manage and mentor a team of experienced insurance professionals in order to help them personally grow and develop.
Requirements & Qualifications
- S/he will possess a minimum of 15 years insurance experience, with 4+ years of global/multi-region experience.
- The candidate must have worked for a multinational corporation, must have deep experience in intercultural communications and will possess strong general knowledge of insurance challenges facing businesses with a global footprint.
- Experience in managing global agency operations that support insurance distribution with a network of insurance partners.
- S/he will have deep experience in managing, coaching and developing people to help them be their best while promoting a positive and high-performing culture.
- Highly motivated, efficient, and organized; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Insurance or other applicable field