LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
Marketers are looking for ways to engage audiences with a personalized experience across multiple platforms. Our team supports LiveRamp’s industry leading Audience Activation product that helps Marketers translate their data so they can securely reach their target audiences in the right context, across the advertising ecosystem, setting the foundation for long-lasting customer relationships. Our Activation and Data Management team is responsible for scaling LiveRamp’s core business (of onboarding and activating audience data) while accelerating the growth of emerging businesses (e.g., B2B and TV activation) and developing data lake solutions (e.g., audiences, segments). We obsess over understanding our customers and delivering unique value through innovative, full stack products. We aim to double LiveRamp’s entire business in the next 3 years, to diversify into new verticals / business lines, and to fuel LiveRamp’s vision of becoming a true self-service SaaS, API-first, (selectively PaaS) cloud native platform. We are at the heart of the company’s transformation and are looking for experienced leaders that thrive in chaos and love to build disruptive, impactful products.
Successful candidates will
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to define a clear and measurable product strategy
- Understand customer needs and use them to inform clear product priorities
- Take accountability for delivering against a roadmap, leveraging product management and agile development best practices
Specifically, you will:
- Deliver revenue: Be accountable to deliver against revenue targets for Customer Profiles (Segment Management and Look-a-like Modeling) in a matrixed, cross-functional, dynamic organization.
- Set Vision: Create and articulate a Data Management product vision aiding the revenue growth and customer success plan for all product areas including Activation, Data Marketplace, SafeHaven, and Measurement
- Define Product Strategy: Understand broader company strategy and translate it into a roadmap that aligns with validated customer needs and market trends.
- Ship world-class, full stack products: Define clear product requirements and OKRs. Drive build, partner, and buy decisions.
- Lead Team and Execution:
- Lead, expand & empower a world-class team of product managers
- Establish culture to reliably translate requirements into product delivery
- Establish business-outcome-based OKR prioritization and roadmap in collaboration with Sales, Product Marketing, Legal, Engineering, etc....
- Guide and mentor team members to navigate complex dependency management and make short and long term trade-offs across multiple products / stakeholders.
- Create alignment on priority and approach: Drive alignment on how Data Management products are developed and sold.
- Work with Commercial Leaders (Sales, Marketing, Ops) to understand customer needs, market trends and to align on product roadmap
- Work with CTO and Engineering Leadership to build technology that maximizes customer value and creates the desired customer experience (eg: API vs. UI)
- Work with various other functions to deliver product and revenue end-to-end, e.g., Product Marketing, Legal, Operations.
Your team will:
- Translate executive vision into action. i.e., move the entire company and tech stack towards supporting customers in a centralized and decentralized data architecture
- Deliver revenue growth of segmentation tools, e.g. segment management, look-a-like modeling
- Be accountable leaders. We deliver what we say we will deliver, and communicate clearly with all functions at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a product management leader.
- Experience meeting revenue targets and cost savings initiatives across various product lines.
- Comfort working and mentoring team members in the technical details - understanding APIs, systems architecture
- Experience working collaboratively with multi-functional teams. Ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
- Track record of successfully launching and scaling SaaS and PaaS Data Management platforms across markets. Demonstrating clear data-driven insights combined with instinct for knowing what internal / external stakeholders want, resulting in outstanding product portfolio performance.
- Track record of success in the full lifecycle of product management.
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, demonstrating an entrepreneurial drive.
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done.
- Known to take ownership of outcomes through working with others and stay accountable to actions
- Ability to turn ambiguous problem spaces into clear solutions.
- Optional experience in AI/ML.
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're locate
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco, New York City, Seattle, Phoenix, Boston or remote
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across eight countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.