Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Doma is seeking a creative, collaborative, confident yet humble Corporate Development Sr. Analyst who wants to help reimagine the way corporate development / M&A is done to drive consistently better results and have fun doing it too. Are you bored with status quo M&A processes? Are you tired of feeling like you don’t have a voice due to hierarchical constraints? Are you ready to break-free of the perceived limitations of your corporate title? We feel ya! We are in the process of building our corporate development function, forming our team and architecting our playbooks. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is ready to help shape a critical function in a public, high-growth tech company that is transforming the future of real estate transactions.
What will you be doing?
- Support Doma’s growth strategy through identification, assessment, execution and integration of mergers, acquisitions, investments, and joint ventures.
- Help establish comprehensive processes and playbooks to drive M&A opportunities from idea through integration.
- Develop a deep understanding of our market, ecosystem, products, customers, and partners to advise on strategic activity.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop acquisition business cases.
- Lead thoughtful, efficient due diligence processes with an ability to identify and focus on key value drivers.
- Build comprehensive operating and valuation models to inform go/no-go decisions and value creation potential.
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence and market maps to inform strategic decisions and educate Doma colleagues across the company.
- Manage transaction elements from sourcing through integration.
- Develop and present materials to our executive leadership team in support of the transaction lifecycle.
- Cultivate strong relationships across internal and external constituents.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum 3+years of direct experience in private equity, corporate development, or investment banking with a focus on M&A, preferably in tech-related industries.
- Ability to think like an owner.
- Ability to lead without authority. Conduct deep dive analysis/research on target markets
- Comfortable with, and genuinely enjoy, presenting to groups in formal and informal settings.
- Skilled at developing thoughtful analyses to support and drive a deal thesis.
- Ability to create detailed, thoughtful financial models in your sleep with one hand tied behind your back.
- Know how to Experience scoping and executing qualitative and quantitative M&A analyses efficiently and with accuracy.
- Know how to thoughtfully develop recommendations and share them with sound judgement.
- Proven experience leading assisting in due diligence processes and supporting deal execution.
- Know how to develop a project timeline, scope resource needs, build a project plan, communicate it to stakeholders, and manage it to hit key milestones.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Calm and cool under pressure.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.