The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Professional Services (PS) exist to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernising legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
The PS Operations Program Associate will integrate into the global PS Operations Program team whose remit is to
- Drive the planning and implementation of key strategic initiatives and tooling for the PS team in conjunction with other internal teams
- Manage the global queue of system improvements and bug fixes for tooling used by the PS team
- Execute on the strategic PS vision from an operational perspective while monitoring critical business KPIs
- Support the PS organization with day-to-day operational process creation, documentation, maintenance, and enforcement
The PS Operations Program Associate is a newly created role that will support the efforts of PS Operations Program Management team and will act as the first line of operational support for each of the globally-focused programs overseen by the team. This role will utilize JIRA issues and email queues to execute on high priority operational functions of the team to ensure the business can run smoothly.
This role is primarily focused on performing a number of key and time sensitive recurring weekly, monthly, and quarterly tasks. In parallel, this role will focus on driving operational excellence and predictability across the business by working cross-functionally with the rest of the Operations team, project managers, consulting engineer Managers and other internal teams. This role will report to the PS Operations Program Management Lead.
- Global program support
- Provide supplemental operational support for the following global programs:
- Public and Private Training
- Remote Delivery Center (RDC)
- Partner Delivery
- Strategic Initiatives
- Perform a series of recurring weekly and monthly tasks for each of the above programs in a timely fashion, including but not limited to the following
- Create and publish training classes and schedules
- Update internal records with accurate information to support automated project creation and approval routing
- Create changelogs of system entitlements for audit compliance
- Review and update partner delivery assignments with cost information
- Solicit input from various PS team members to facilitate the creation and distribution of a monthly PS newsletter
- Provide support on the creation of scheduling records for the RDC program as needed
- Support our onboarding process for partner resources as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- PS team operations
- Attend regular meetings with members of the Program Management team to ensure alignment and that team needs are being met
- Support the Level 2 Operations Specialists on the Program Management team to increase efficiency across the team and help scale the business
- Become a key contributor in the creation, publishing, and evergreening of documentation in the PS team’s internal wiki in conjunction with PS Operations Specialists to support team-wide enablement for operational processes
- Drive awareness and compliance of standard org policies
- Provide assistance with the management of the PS team’s ticket queue for system improvements and bug fixes (primarily Salesforce and FinancialForce)
- Create tickets for new features and bugs at the direction of the PS Operations Program Management Lead as needed
- Test and debug new tooling features and updates in a staging environment
Skills and behaviours
- A Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years previous experience working in operations for fast growing teams is required
- Proven track record of supporting operations for fast-growing teams
- Passion for driving scale, operational excellence, and efficiencies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Investigative mindset with a passion for understanding how things work
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn on the job
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to last minute changes
- Ability to establish credibility with business owners from around the organization and to create strong partnerships with other teams
- Flexible in approach with a can-do and positive attitude
- Previous experience with a services business is a plus
- Previous experience using Salesforce / FinancialForce is a plus
- Communication: Build strong relationships, manage expectations, and interact in a timely manner with a wide range of audiences
- Accountability: Hold yourself to a high standard and ensure that your tasks are achieved in a timely fashion in order to keep the business running smoothly
- Operational excellence: Suggest processes, tooling, and controls that seamlessly adapt to business growth and changes over time.
- Problem solving: Collect information, analyze challenges, and bring solutions to the table
This role can be based out of our Austin office or remotely in North America.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.