Asana is building a world-class Accounting and Finance team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will be involved in all aspects of payroll (US and International) and assisting in month-end close and audit, ensuring accuracy with the payroll and benefits systems.
The ideal candidate is super detail-oriented, curious, and analytical. You should have exceptional communication skills and the ability to think outside the box for problem solving and solutions. We’re looking for process improvers that can easily pick up and own the payroll operations function with minimal supervision and take pride in providing world class customer experience to the employees globally. There is a wealth of knowledge to be learned and we’re looking for a team player that is excited to jump right in!
You will be joining a world class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Responsible for preparation and processing of US, Canada, and international payrolls for 1000+ employees using ADP WorkforceNow, ADP TeamPay, and Workday
- Responsible for inputting new hires, terms, bonuses, commissions, LOAs, payroll calculations, deductions and garnishments
- Maintain payroll master file to ensure accurate payroll reconciliation for each pay period
- Assist with the registration for new State/SUI/Local payroll tax as needed and add the new State/SUI/Local tax jurisdictions into ADP
- Responsible for calculating terminations and initiating wire transfer requests with Accounting
- Preparation of 401(k) and HSA submissions and funding requests to third party administrators
- Maintenance and training of employees/managers in ADP Time and Attendance
- Partner with AP and Tax/Treasury on funding requests for US and Canada payrolls each pay period
- Partner with People Ops and external vendors on employee benefits such as LOAs, Flexible Spending and Health Saving accounts and upload changes into ADP
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll related matters in a timely manner
- Partner with a third party payroll provider in preparation and reconciliation of international payrolls
- Be able to research payroll issues independently, demonstrating high analytical ability, knowledge of best practices, and an understanding of federal and state payroll tax and labor law developments
- Assist with payroll journal entries, account accruals and reconciliations, and provide general ledger support
- Assist with quarterly benefits reconciliation from third party to payroll
- Assist with external audits by providing supporting records and documentations
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participation in special projects, or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant payroll experience processing multi-state payroll for 900+ US, Canada, and international employees
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow required and Workday Payroll
- Familiarity with Netsuite, Fidelity, HSA Bank or other Payroll and HR equivalent systems preferred
- Experience with stock-payroll transactions (ESPP, ISOs, NQs, and RSUs) and reconciliations preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel (VLookups, Pivot tables and other formulas) and Google Sheets
- Excellent problem-solving skills and judgment
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as ability to collaborate closely with other teams remotely
- Knowledge and mindset for automation and improvements to streamline processes for scalability
- Basic understanding of accounting, taxation, and finance concepts as it relates to payroll
- Adaptable to a fast changing work environment while able to work well under stress and tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethnic and a can-do attitude
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.