Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the Role
Doma is seeking a SOX Manager to assist the SOX Director with executing and evaluating the compliance program with the provisions of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 ("SOX"). The program supports management’s ability to certify that internal controls over financial reporting are designed and operating effectively. The SOX Manager will work closely with key partners across Doma's business to ensure a strong environment for ICFR. He / She is expected to be hands-on in the execution of SOX activities to ensure all business risks are anticipated, identified, recognized, and appropriately managed. The ideal candidate has strong project management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Assist in the scoping risk assessment and determining the materiality thresholds.
- Ensure timely review and updates to process documentation and controls for existing processes.
- Conduct and document design walkthroughs of key controls with business stakeholders.
- Manage testing to determine the operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Perform impact assessment for identified control deficiencies and coordinate with business stakeholders to remediate identified exceptions.
- Partner with business stakeholders to assist with reviewing new processes and with implementing and/or updating of SOX controls.
- Prepare reports on SOX program status and results for presentation to management and Audit Committee.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the SOX stakeholders.
- Coordinate with external auditor on SOX related activities.
Stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, COSO, etc.) and abreast of emerging trends and leading practices around internal controls.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of combined related experience in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of internal controls and SOX compliance at a Big 4 accounting firm and/or publicly traded company.
- Demonstrated experience managing SOX, internal audits and remediation plans.
- An understanding of IT risks and controls and their overall impact to financial control environments preferred.
- A good understanding of SOX testing methodologies, risk assessment practices and the PCAOB requirements and COSO framework.
- Ability and experience working with external audit firm to support their control testing requirements.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and influencing skills to drive internal controls strategy and partnerships across the company.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Proactive and self-initiating work style.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and across organizational boundaries to reach consensus.
- Ability to work in a team environment and multi-task.
- Ethical behavior and transparency.
- Insurance or financial services industry experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other relevant professional certification highly desired
- People Management
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms
- Analytical skills
- Execute and operate in high-pressure and fast-paced environments
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.