The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Transformation Consultant is a technical, customer-facing role that supports the realization of high-priority customer initiatives and drives a multitude of MongoDB adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to the cloud.
Our Transformation Consultants help answer big questions that CIOs and other IT leaders have when using the MongoDB application data platform to unlock the power of their data, such as
- How do I maximize my return on investment in MongoDB? Where do I start? How do I make appropriate changes at the appropriate times to achieve my objectives for the business?
- We have a lot of data in different systems, teams, silos. How do we leverage that data to serve new uses cases in front of us?
- How do I get my team to adopt the cloud in a safe and efficient way?
- How do I build a production-ready MVP application in the shortest possible time? How do we develop in an agile, iterative way?
- How do I ensure that my team has the skills needed to develop and deploy MongoDB applications? How do we scale my team’s knowledge and efficiency? How do we provide governance and technical design authority? How do we build a MongoDB centre of excellence?
MongoDB Transformation Consultants advise holistically on the people, process and technology aspects of MongoDB adoption to ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
This role can be based out of our New York, Boston or Chicago office or remotely in North America.
We’re looking for an individual with strong experience of IT transformation and enterprise modernization, with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and comfortable working closely with customer business and technical stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in the areas of IT replatforming strategies, agile product-oriented development and modern event-driven architectures
- Proven track record of driving technology modernization in large or highly strategic accounts, working at all levels from developer to executive
- Familiarity with technology concepts, use cases and trends through practical experience (e.g. Mobile First Digital Customer Journeys, Legacy Replatforming, IoT, Real-time Analytics & Machine Learning, Data-Driven Business Transformations).
- An understanding of industry operations, dynamics & trends through experience in one or more industries (e.g. Financial Services, Telco, Retail, Consumer Goods, High Tech)
- Working knowledge of the application development lifecycle and agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to run collaborative inception workshops to drive co-creation of a transformation roadmap
- Should be capable and comfortable with frequent travel for short trips to customer site during the working week and when clients are expressing preference to meet in person again - at this point home office is the default for 100% until January 2022 and any in person interaction is absolutely voluntary
- Understand customers’ overall portfolio of apps and datasets, IT and business priorities and success measures to adapt, develop and design specific digital transformation approaches involving MongoDB technologies
- Generate transformation roadmaps and drive buy-in from executives, lines of business, and application owners across complex organizational structures
- Collaborate with MongoDB account teams and partners to qualify and close on large transformational professional services engagements and application development projects
- Work as part of a wider delivery team comprising transformation consultants, consulting engineers, project managers and account teams to execute on implementation plans
- Work with the Professional Services Practice Director, Application Development and Transformation Consulting, to ideate and conceive new transformation and application development services offerings, and continuously improve PS sales and delivery content, methodologies and tools
Within 3 months:
- Complete basic new hire technical training to acquire a functional knowledge of MongoDB products, their specific capabilities and use cases
- Via new hire training and shadowing, acquire a deep knowledge of MongoDB professional services offerings, and the work done by our account teams, project managers and consulting engineers
- Assist in scoping transformation consulting and application development services as part of a project proposal
Within 6 months:
- Successfully scope and deliver several major pieces of transformation consulting (e.g. inception for developing a new application on MongoDB) gaining a reputation as trusted advisor to your clients
- Contribute to the ongoing development of transformation consulting offerings, methodologies and tools
Within 12 months:
- Drive meaningful adoption of MongoDB technology in one or more customer accounts, aligned to the delivery of our customers’ business objectives
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.