LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we're always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
ABOUT THIS JOB
LiveRamp is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help build our LiveRamp Safe Haven product.
We are building a future in which all data, anywhere, can be connected and useful without compromising individual data privacy. Privacy enhancing technologies (PETs) have tremendous market-demand and strong theoretical foundations, but their adoption by industry is limited. We are changing this with Safe Haven. The fastest growing product within LiveRamp, Safe Haven allows our customers to keep private data safe while making their private data useful.
The LiveRamp Safe Haven engineering team makes this grand vision a reality. We operate like a startup within a larger company, stay on the bleeding-edge of research in PETs, and bridge the gap between theory and practice by employing rigorous software engineering practices to develop Safe Haven.
- Stay current with PETs, including differential privacy, statistical disclosure control, cryptographic protocols for multiparty trust, and federated analytics
- Discern research quality and (in)validate approaches using data science methodologies to ensure technical solutions will satisfy business and regulatory requirements before platform implementations (fail-fast prototyping)
- Bridge PETs research from paper → prototype → production system
- Use test-driven methodologies to develop distributed systems
- Develop APIs, systems, and services for Safe Haven
- Write high-performance code with high test coverage
YOUR TEAM WILL:
- Leverage cutting-edge PETs to enhance our product offerings.
- Design and build the core services, APIs, and infrastructure that drives the growth of LiveRamp Safe Haven product
- Build private and secure data collaboration capabilities that allow different parties to connect their own data and also create new data partnerships
- Build tools that enable data analysts and data scientists to turn data into actionable insights in a privacy-safe way
- Continuously improve data operations: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create the private and secure standard for how organizations use customer data.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with excellent knowledge of programming languages, especially Java and Python
- Quantitative background with emphasis on machine learning and/or statistics
- Strong foundations in computer science and mathematics fundamentals
- Product-oriented mindset: you like offering technical solutions to business problems.
- Strong collaboration skills in cross-functional team settings
- Experience with test-driven and behavior-driven development
- Working knowledge of web related technologies (web applications, web services and service oriented architecture) and of network protocols
- Masters/PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive.
- Contributions to open source projects
- Familiarity with Kotlin, Golang, and/or Kubernetes
- Strong data visualization skills
- Experience working on a remote-first team
- Direct experience with differential privacy, secure multiparty computation, federated learning, and/or federated databases