The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Billing Manager is a leadership position which will lead and support the Ireland and India based Billing team. The role will involve overseeing billing for our EMEA & APAC customers.
This role is remote optional until January 10, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Dublin for when we introduce our hybrid model.
The Order to Cash team is a truly global team that sits in three locations: Dublin, Austin and Gurgaon. The team is led by the Order-to-Cash manager. We are both an internal and external customer facing team. This team is a high-performing, collaborative team, made up of overachievers and driven professionals.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Oversee and streamline billing internationally and globally
- Hiring, training and supervising billing staff
- Management and development of Billing Team
- Accountable for enabling and assisting with building team morale and maintaining an ‘open door policy’ allowing the team to reach out between check in calls
- Coordinate and update billing documentation followed by the team in line with company and accounting policies
- Collaborates with MongoDB Inc Billing Manager to facilitate development of consistent global wide processes
- Creating and setting goals that improve the billing process that align to the company strategy and vision
- Participates in system and process developmental meetings and team planning
- Lead and organise billing audit preparations for all interim and year-end audits
- Completes monthly closing processes and maintains accurate reports with supporting details
- Ensuring the accuracy of invoicing and that all invoices are issued in accordance with proper GL impact and MDB policy
- Reviews ordering documents to confirm ordering details are correctly entered into our sales and financial accounting systems as per SOX control (threshold based)
- Edits and approves Salesforce.com opportunities, converting them to sales orders in NetSuite (threshold based)
- 7-10 years experience working in billing and order processing. 3-5 years leadership experience
- Enjoys working through large volume of orders.
- Completes tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills are essential.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to support cross functional and global operations.
- Experience in high volume, fast-paced environment supporting corporate customers.
- Courteous, professional and passionate about providing the highest level of customer service.
- Strong attention to detail, quality of work is consistently clean.
- Prior experience with Salesforce and NetSuite preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Familiar with legal agreements such as customer agreements and ordering documents. Ability to navigate comfortably through T&C’s.
- Above average organizational skills and time prioritization.
- Additional languages is a bonus
- Ability to be flexible and adapt with a rapidly growing company and demands for process development and change.
The Billing Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- In 3 - 6 months’ time be fully on-boadred to the team and trained to start taking ownership of your day-to-day tasks
- In 6 -12 months’ time you’ll have accomplished ownership of billing processes
- In 12 months’ time, you’ll have accomplished a rapport with multiple teams within the company. As well as display desire and accomplish to grow further and develop both your skills and career
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.